“Dreadful service, overpriced and pretentious.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ark - CLOSED

The Ark
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating
Description: The Ark is a new contemporary licensed spacious cafe with a beautiful secluded courtyard offering a central location and extensive parking positioned at the top of Lymington high street (near Marks and Spencer). Children are welcome and free WiFi is available.
London, United Kingdom
“Dreadful service, overpriced and pretentious.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

-The waitress spoke very little English.
-I ordered a cider to be told there were none. A woman behind us ordered one 10 minutes later and was given one.
-The serving size was small for its high price.
-The manager spoke about us to other members of staff when we told her about our disliking of the size.
-We waited 20 minutes for our plates to be removed from the table.

An absolutely appalling restaurant.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
thearklymington, Owner at The Ark, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
I am sorry you didn't enjoy your meal at the Ark. This is the first review of this kind that we have received since opening in April, and I take your concerns very seriously.

Whilst no excuse for the concerns that you expressed, it was the waitress’ first day who served you and she was still trying to find her feet; and part of my job that day was to guide and reassure her. I am sorry if it appeared otherwise and truly sorry that you did not receive the usual professional and friendly service that we provide to our customers.

At the Ark, we pride ourselves on serving delicious, high quality food made by our Chef Sean from locally sourced products, and served to you in a friendly environment.

Lymington, United Kingdom
“The best breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

My son and I visited 'The Ark' for breakfast last week, and we both came away saying it was the best breakfast we had ever eaten. Great attention to taste and presentation, the tomatoes being particularly fabulous. Sensible size of meal and a lovely courtyard setting on a sunny morning. Very friendly chef and excellent service. Will definitely go back and recomend to anyone.

2 Thank Miriam W
thearklymington, Manager at The Ark, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
THe Ark team would like to thank you for your review and look forward to seeing you soon.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

My sister and I visit Lymington several times a year and this was our first time at The Ark. We really fancied a bacon butty for breakfast, however, this was not on the menu, fear not! if you ask the lovely staff if it would be possible, the answer was yes no problem at all. I had a bacon and egg and my sister had a sausage sandwich and they were scrummy. We wish them well for the future and will pop in next time for lunch.

1 Thank KarenJoyce_12
thearklymington, Manager at The Ark, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Thank you for your review and The Ark look forward to you visiting us soon.
“Superb Food, Great Ambience and wonderful Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

We were really impressed by The Ark Team and the food is superb and just what Lymington Needs. The Chef is highly skilled and produces some superb dishes.

I would thoroughly reccomend Ark to all my friends as little Gems like this need supporting to combat the rise of the bland chain restaurants and pizza shops in Lymington!

Apparently soon they will hopefully get their licence and start opening in the evening if they havent already started.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Paulrost
thearklymington, Manager at The Ark, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
“Nice lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

I had lunch here with some friends and we all enjoyed it. The food is very good, generous portions and tasty. The waitress was friendly and helpful. My one reservation would be that the interior is all hard surfaces - wooden floors, tables, clear walls - so if it was busy it could get very noisy.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
thearklymington, Manager at The Ark, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you for your comments, we hope you can come visit us again!