“Beautiful Platters To Share”
Review of The Ark - CLOSED

The Ark
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Ark is a new contemporary licensed spacious cafe with a beautiful secluded courtyard offering a central location and extensive parking positioned at the top of Lymington high street (near Marks and Spencer). Children are welcome and free WiFi is available.
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful Platters To Share”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My family and I were looking for a late lunch in Lymington to discover that most restaurants had stopped service at 3pm. We came across The Ark by chance and were given a warm welcome and a choice of lovely platters to share. My children are fussy eaters but woolfed down the BBQ platter and myself and my partner shared an amazing Thai curry platter. We will definitely come back to The Ark next time we are in the area. Great food, great service, great location and very reasonably priced. What a winner.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank bigworld2013

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Great Cafe restaurant”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I really enjoyed my meal here at The Ark and have chosen to visit several times now. The service is great with a really can do attitude and the chef is fabulous. I was very pleased with my Maki which was prepared fresh for my order. I think Hannah's review must have related to somewhere else!
Outside the courtyard provides a calm space sitting under the fruit ladened tree. Inside, notice the gold ceiling, great lighting and cool artwork.

1 Thank Rachel F
thearklymington, Owner at The Ark, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you for your review , The team at The Ark look forward to seeing you again.
London, United Kingdom
“Dreadful service, overpriced and pretentious.”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

-The waitress spoke very little English.
-I ordered a cider to be told there were none. A woman behind us ordered one 10 minutes later and was given one.
-The serving size was small for its high price.
-The manager spoke about us to other members of staff when we told her about our disliking of the size.
-We waited 20 minutes for our plates to be removed from the table.

An absolutely appalling restaurant.

thearklymington, Owner at The Ark, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
I am sorry you didn't enjoy your meal at the Ark. This is the first review of this kind that we have received since opening in April, and I take your concerns very seriously.

Whilst no excuse for the concerns that you expressed, it was the waitress’ first day who served you and she was still trying to find her feet; and part of my job that day was to guide and reassure her. I am sorry if it appeared otherwise and truly sorry that you did not receive the usual professional and friendly service that we provide to our customers.

At the Ark, we pride ourselves on serving delicious, high quality food made by our Chef Sean from locally sourced products, and served to you in a friendly environment.
Lymington, United Kingdom
“The best breakfast!”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My son and I visited 'The Ark' for breakfast last week, and we both came away saying it was the best breakfast we had ever eaten. Great attention to taste and presentation, the tomatoes being particularly fabulous. Sensible size of meal and a lovely courtyard setting on a sunny morning. Very friendly chef and excellent service. Will definitely go back and recomend to anyone.

2 Thank Miriam W
thearklymington, Manager at The Ark, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
THe Ark team would like to thank you for your review and look forward to seeing you soon.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good Breakfast”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My sister and I visit Lymington several times a year and this was our first time at The Ark. We really fancied a bacon butty for breakfast, however, this was not on the menu, fear not! if you ask the lovely staff if it would be possible, the answer was yes no problem at all. I had a bacon and egg and my sister had a sausage sandwich and they were scrummy. We wish them well for the future and will pop in next time for lunch.

1 Thank KarenJoyce_12
thearklymington, Manager at The Ark, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Thank you for your review and The Ark look forward to you visiting us soon.