This clean, stylish hotel appears to be run single-handedly by the owner, Tobi. I was chastised for booking via a booking site (I would have saved some money if I'd contacted them directly - it's true, and applies to most hotels, of course.) The rooms are individual and well-decorated and furnished. Some rooms are in a modern town house over the road and, although I didn't see them, I'm sure they were fine; the only problem being that you have to cross the road for breakfast. Breakfasts were fine; refills of excellent coffee (or tea), toast, usual fry-up fare but free-range/organic I'm very pleased to report. Prices in line with other hotels in the town/area, which is a little expensive, but there you go. If you know any German, use it. Tobi is happy to chat for as long as you like.Although the railway station is nearby there is no noise problem, and it's very close to the centre of the lovely town of Lymington. Off-road parking if you get there early; other free street parkiing available. Nice little garden and an impressive first-floor lounge. No bar, as far as I know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic AA 4 Star Gold rated Britannia House offers some of the finest New Forest accommodation with a superb Lymington town centre location. Only 2 mins. walking distance to Lymington waterfront, Quay and High Street with numerous shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants. All en-suite bedrooms are individually decorated to the highest standards and have the highest quality beds, mattresses, linen and fluffy towels. Prices are from £85 - £129 including a home cooked breakfast. The guest lounge on the first floor provides magnificent views over Lymington harbour and the Isle-of-Wight. There is on-site parking, free WiFi, and a friendly knowledgeable Host (Tobi) to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Britannia House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia House Hotel Lymington
- Britannia House Lymington, New Forest