All reviewsother gueststrain stationforest suitean excellent hostfirst floornew forestisle of wightcooks a great breakfastguest loungethe main houselovely loungethe ground floorbed and breakfastbreakfast was freshly cookedtown centrehigh streetmoment you arrive
Reviewed 16 July 2013

a great weekend in this lovely B&B. Rooms great (bathroom small but what the heck........), fantastic breakfasts- we couldn't work out how Tobi managed to produce our complex orders without any fuss, and remembering exactly what we all had for both mornings
Lovely sittingroom, great location- especially if traveling by train
highly recommended

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
tobi67, Owner at Britannia House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you. I am grateful for your very kind and complimentary review. I had really fun looking after your party of five and would like to thank you again for your flexibility with the breakfast times.

You are so right about the convenience coming by train, especially when travelling from London when you only have to change once (in Brockenhurst). All the best and I am looking forward to welcoming you back next year in the winter (as vaguely discussed), if not before then. Tobi

Reviewed 28 June 2013

This clean, stylish hotel appears to be run single-handedly by the owner, Tobi. I was chastised for booking via a booking site (I would have saved some money if I'd contacted them directly - it's true, and applies to most hotels, of course.) The rooms are individual and well-decorated and furnished. Some rooms are in a modern town house over the road and, although I didn't see them, I'm sure they were fine; the only problem being that you have to cross the road for breakfast. Breakfasts were fine; refills of excellent coffee (or tea), toast, usual fry-up fare but free-range/organic I'm very pleased to report. Prices in line with other hotels in the town/area, which is a little expensive, but there you go. If you know any German, use it. Tobi is happy to chat for as long as you like.Although the railway station is nearby there is no noise problem, and it's very close to the centre of the lovely town of Lymington. Off-road parking if you get there early; other free street parkiing available. Nice little garden and an impressive first-floor lounge. No bar, as far as I know.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Burlington_Wolfie
tobi67, Owner at Britannia House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Dear guest, many thanks for your fine review. Very much appreciated.

Just to clarify: Britannia House is NOT A HOTEL. I have been here since 2000 and ever since it has been a Bed and Breakfast. Not that is matters, but a B&B has got less facilities than a bar, e.g. 24-hour check-in or room service or a bar. A lot of B&B operations are nowadays run professionally and their rooms, bathrooms and public space can easily compete with hotels from the aspect of comfort and luxury. And Lymington is fortunate to have many such good B&Bs.

Looking forward to welcoming you back some time, you can arrive basically at any time with a parking space. Your host Tobi,

Reviewed 21 June 2013

After much researching I found Britannia House and booked for 2 nights. Well I wish I booked it for longer. What a wonderful luxury Bed and Breakfast in a top location with a great host in Tobi.
I couldnt fault the extremely clean accommodation, bed was super comfortable, parking on site, great breakfast with good choices, bathroom huge, excellent shower facility, huge lounge area, excellent free WiFi. All close to the station, great choices of restaurants but a 3 min walk and just a very short walk to the Town Centre. Tobi has ground floor rooms for those with a disablity who have difficulty climbing stairs. The local laundry is a 5 min walk into the centre of Lymington, very easy to find down a side street off the main road. 9 quid to do a large load and when I returned it was folded ready for collection. Post office is just across the road from the laundry. Special thanks to Tobi for all his assistance and advice re the local area. He also held my parking spot for me as I drove to Bournemouth on one of the nights for dinner at the Blue Mango(see review) and didnt return until late. As promised my parking spot was available so need to try and find another location.
Such a delightful location and so easy to find when coming into Lymington as it is diagonally opposite the Railway station so easy access for train travellers as well. Tobi also has a 2 bedroom apartment besides the BnB accommodation. So great choice of rooms are available.
Look forward to my return, hopefully with my friends so more can enjoy the wonders of Britannia House.

Room Tip: all the rooms are different...so all good...even though near the station it is very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
tobi67, Owner at Britannia House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Dear "Pickles of Newcastle". It was a pleasure looking after you and having one or tow giggles at breakfast and I am pleased to report that your VeggieMite is almost gone due to popular demand. Until some time when to come to the northern hemisphere again. Tobi

Reviewed 18 June 2013

This was our first visit and certainly won't be the last. Britannia House is situated close to Lymingtons harbour and all the delights it has to offer. We were met by Tobi who made us feel welcomed and at home immediately. We stayed in the flat which was very comfortable and relaxing offering a lovely bed for a good nights sleep. The other rooms at Britannia House are of a very high standard and also offer the resident a guaranteed comfortable stay. Tobi's breakfasts are a legend and set you up for the day, he encourages conversation with guests and many a good laugh can be had.Tobi is a keen supporter of local produce and has a very good knowledge of the area and all it has to offer with great recommendations for eating out and the visiting various attractions etc. Should you arrive stressed you will definitely leave relaxed and refreshed. We didn't just like it we loved it.

Room Tip: For a longer stay book the flat.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank riggs58
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Just had our third visit to Britannia House.....and both the Bed and Breakfast and Tobi were as wonderful as always! Tobi sets a high standard, in both the quality of accomodation and the hospitality offered; giving great attention to detail, but also maintaining a gloriously relaxed atmosphere.
Lymington is a quaint and quirky quayside town and Britannia House is within walking distance of all you need, boats, restaurants, fab pubs and shops........having said that, we also like peace and quiet and Britannia House and it's location provide that too! Really I am loathe to tell you many more good things about Britannia House.....as personally I always want to be able to stay here, so don't want it to get too booked up. But hey, I am a generous sort of person and Tobi works hard to make it what it is.......so am willing to share and you can discover some of the bliss that is Lymington, Britannia House and Tobi for yourself!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple