“Good stay”

Ranked #3 of 43 Lymington B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Good stay”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed here at the begining of July, and found Tobias to be friendly and efficient, his breakfasts were great, kept me going till evening. I liked the fact that everything was within walking distance, ie. High Street, Quay.

The twin bedded room I shared with a friend was good with ensuite
Overall I enjoyed my stay and would if I was going back to Lymington wish to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Barnet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Excellent value. Tobi is an outstanding host. This is a beautiful location. Tobi cooks a lovely breakfast, and the options available are seemingly endless! . Nothing is too much trouble, he really goes the extra mile. We visited Lymington for our niece's wedding and wanted to stay somewhere away from the crowd. Thank you Tobi, we just wish we had more time on this visit - we will return.

Room Tip: The apartment gives extra privacy, we will be coming back!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
tobi67, Owner at Britannia House, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Tracey, I am flattered about the compliments that I go the extra mile. Thank you.

All I want to achieve is that my guests leave with a happy feeling of having had everything they wanted and needed for an enjoyable stay. If I manage that, then I guess my first time guests turn into return guests.

What more can I wish for as a host... yours tobi
Dartmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I am always nervous staying in a B&B but this was a whole new experience. Tobi welcomes you and makes your stay memorable for al the right reasons there is only one word to describe a stay at Britannia House 'Perfect'. Thank you Tobi we will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
tobi67, Owner at Britannia House, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Chris, I had so much fun talking to you about Dartmouth, the Carved Angel and the Dartmoor bringing back happy memories of several trips and holidays (before my time as a B&B owner when I had time...). Please come back soon to have more inspiring conversations at breakfast. your host Tobi
Potters Bar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We arrived early to find Tobi waiting for us with an enthusiastic handshake and an upgrade to a beautiful apartment style accommodation overlooking the boat yard and further out to sea. This was a special birthday for my 'better half' and part of a 5 day trip doing lots of water based treats. Tobi was very helpful in telling us where places were located and approx. drive times. He is a great host who is very professional and proud of his super B&B, It shows in his excellent breakfast and attention to detail. Thanks for a lovely overnight stay, will be sure to come again and stay for longer now we have found your 'little gem'.

Room Tip: Ask for the upgrade apartment style accommodation in the main building , its beautiful....
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
tobi67, Owner at Britannia House, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Jane, I am very pleased to hear about your happy and enjoyable stay at Britannia House. I agree, one night in Lymington is not enough and I looking forward to your return visit soon. yours Tobi
sheffield
Reviewed 16 July 2013

a great weekend in this lovely B&B. Rooms great (bathroom small but what the heck........), fantastic breakfasts- we couldn't work out how Tobi managed to produce our complex orders without any fuss, and remembering exactly what we all had for both mornings
Lovely sittingroom, great location- especially if traveling by train
highly recommended

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
tobi67, Owner at Britannia House, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Thank you. I am grateful for your very kind and complimentary review. I had really fun looking after your party of five and would like to thank you again for your flexibility with the breakfast times.

You are so right about the convenience coming by train, especially when travelling from London when you only have to change once (in Brockenhurst). All the best and I am looking forward to welcoming you back next year in the winter (as vaguely discussed), if not before then. Tobi
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This clean, stylish hotel appears to be run single-handedly by the owner, Tobi. I was chastised for booking via a booking site (I would have saved some money if I'd contacted them directly - it's true, and applies to most hotels, of course.) The rooms are individual and well-decorated and furnished. Some rooms are in a modern town house over the road and, although I didn't see them, I'm sure they were fine; the only problem being that you have to cross the road for breakfast. Breakfasts were fine; refills of excellent coffee (or tea), toast, usual fry-up fare but free-range/organic I'm very pleased to report. Prices in line with other hotels in the town/area, which is a little expensive, but there you go. If you know any German, use it. Tobi is happy to chat for as long as you like.Although the railway station is nearby there is no noise problem, and it's very close to the centre of the lovely town of Lymington. Off-road parking if you get there early; other free street parkiing available. Nice little garden and an impressive first-floor lounge. No bar, as far as I know.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Burlington_Wolfie
tobi67, Owner at Britannia House, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Dear guest, many thanks for your fine review. Very much appreciated.

Just to clarify: Britannia House is NOT A HOTEL. I have been here since 2000 and ever since it has been a Bed and Breakfast. Not that is matters, but a B&B has got less facilities than a bar, e.g. 24-hour check-in or room service or a bar. A lot of B&B operations are nowadays run professionally and their rooms, bathrooms and public space can easily compete with hotels from the aspect of comfort and luxury. And Lymington is fortunate to have many such good B&Bs.

Looking forward to welcoming you back some time, you can arrive basically at any time with a parking space. Your host Tobi,
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2013

After much researching I found Britannia House and booked for 2 nights. Well I wish I booked it for longer. What a wonderful luxury Bed and Breakfast in a top location with a great host in Tobi.
I couldnt fault the extremely clean accommodation, bed was super comfortable, parking on site, great breakfast with good choices, bathroom huge, excellent shower facility, huge lounge area, excellent free WiFi. All close to the station, great choices of restaurants but a 3 min walk and just a very short walk to the Town Centre. Tobi has ground floor rooms for those with a disablity who have difficulty climbing stairs. The local laundry is a 5 min walk into the centre of Lymington, very easy to find down a side street off the main road. 9 quid to do a large load and when I returned it was folded ready for collection. Post office is just across the road from the laundry. Special thanks to Tobi for all his assistance and advice re the local area. He also held my parking spot for me as I drove to Bournemouth on one of the nights for dinner at the Blue Mango(see review) and didnt return until late. As promised my parking spot was available so need to try and find another location.
Such a delightful location and so easy to find when coming into Lymington as it is diagonally opposite the Railway station so easy access for train travellers as well. Tobi also has a 2 bedroom apartment besides the BnB accommodation. So great choice of rooms are available.
Look forward to my return, hopefully with my friends so more can enjoy the wonders of Britannia House.

Room Tip: all the rooms are different...so all good...even though near the station it is very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
tobi67, Owner at Britannia House, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Dear "Pickles of Newcastle". It was a pleasure looking after you and having one or tow giggles at breakfast and I am pleased to report that your VeggieMite is almost gone due to popular demand. Until some time when to come to the northern hemisphere again. Tobi