Britannia House
South Lawn Hotel(Milford on Sea)
US$127
US$239
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Cottage Lodge Hotel(Brockenhurst)(Great Value!)
US$78
TripAdvisor
The Mayflower(Lymington)
Agoda.com
The Pig(Brockenhurst)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewshost tobib bother gueststrain stationforest suitean excellent hostnew forestfirst floorcooks a great breakfastlarge kitchenthe main houseisle of wightwithin walking distancethe ground floortown centrebreakfast roomhigh street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed one night at Britannia House in the top floor of the main house. The room was quite plush and decorated in the owners style. Not your average boring décor, that's for sure. the bathroom was large and well equipped. Lots of little touches to make the perfect stay.
There was a large lounge adjacent to our room which we had to ourselves, with far reaching views of the Isle of Wight.
The breakfast was first class, freshly cooked and very good. But no poached egg available. Come on Tobi, i'm sure you can that to your repertoire!
Tobi was a friendly and likable host, who runs Britannia House very well, its a credit to you.
Location right opposite the station if arriving by train, or free parking available across the road in a secure area. Few minutes walk to the town and quay.
A lovely B&B, we would definitely stay again if in Lymington.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Just back from a two night stay with my husband at the lovely Britannia House. Tobi is a wonderful host, friendly but not over intrusive. We were in the new part (a building across the road) which was beautiful. Spotless room with everything you need, including a very handy parking space. The bed was so comfortable too with lovely linen and huge bath towels!

Wonderful breakfasts, a lovely farmhouse kitchen and a gorgeous lounge to relax in and plenty of local info to help you plan your time in Lymington and the area.

Room Tip: We were in the new building but it was only two steps from the original and quiet and cosy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tanya R
Reviewed 26 August 2013

my son and I stayed the night at the Britannia last week before heading off to cycle round isle of wight the next day. Great location from the station - smack outside! the welcome from Tobias was wonderful, the room was spotlessly clean and of a very high standard and the breakfast was 1st class. I really shouldn't be telling anyone because my son and me wanted to keep this place our secret but it deserves to be said.

We will definitely be going back - outstanding.

Room Tip: I would imagine they are all top quality
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This B&B was recommended by my parents who have stayed at Britannia House on a couple of occasions and it lived up to expectations. Tobi was extremely helpful and was very accommodating when we had to have a very early breakfast on a Sunday morning. Very nice stay, hope to be back sometime soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed here at the begining of July, and found Tobias to be friendly and efficient, his breakfasts were great, kept me going till evening. I liked the fact that everything was within walking distance, ie. High Street, Quay.

The twin bedded room I shared with a friend was good with ensuite
Overall I enjoyed my stay and would if I was going back to Lymington wish to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends