All reviews host tobi train station other guests an excellent host the open plan kitchen first floor new forest cooks a great breakfast isle of wight guest lounge large kitchen the main house lovely lounge within walking distance the ground floor off street parking breakfast was freshly cooked
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Whoever wrote 'Terrible' as their review is clearly the type of person who seeks out issues with any place. Having read the review I felt it to be unfair, prompting me to write this review.

Our stay at Britannia House was amazing, great host and very homely. The price is incredibly reasonable given the size of the rooms and the quality of the breakfast.

So enjoyable, we're going back and are considering making it an annual trip!

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
tobi67, Owner at Britannia House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Tom, thank you very much for directly referring to another review.

I am afraid that once a year one gets those guests who make it a mission in their life to complain as often and as much as possible. I once had guests who moaned that there was water in their... kettle!!! (Well, that what a kettle is for, I am afraid.)

And just yesterday I had a cancellation for the same day and the person suggested to me that if I did not charge any cancellation fee they would write a nice review on TA. Unbelievable.

Looking forward to your return visit, I wish you all the best in the meantime. yours Tobi

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed one night at Britannia House in the top floor of the main house. The room was quite plush and decorated in the owners style. Not your average boring décor, that's for sure. the bathroom was large and well equipped. Lots of little touches to make the perfect stay.
There was a large lounge adjacent to our room which we had to ourselves, with far reaching views of the Isle of Wight.
The breakfast was first class, freshly cooked and very good. But no poached egg available. Come on Tobi, i'm sure you can that to your repertoire!
Tobi was a friendly and likable host, who runs Britannia House very well, its a credit to you.
Location right opposite the station if arriving by train, or free parking available across the road in a secure area. Few minutes walk to the town and quay.
A lovely B&B, we would definitely stay again if in Lymington.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Just back from a two night stay with my husband at the lovely Britannia House. Tobi is a wonderful host, friendly but not over intrusive. We were in the new part (a building across the road) which was beautiful. Spotless room with everything you need, including a very handy parking space. The bed was so comfortable too with lovely linen and huge bath towels!

Wonderful breakfasts, a lovely farmhouse kitchen and a gorgeous lounge to relax in and plenty of local info to help you plan your time in Lymington and the area.

Room tip: We were in the new building but it was only two steps from the original and quiet and cosy.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tanya R
Reviewed 26 August 2013

my son and I stayed the night at the Britannia last week before heading off to cycle round isle of wight the next day. Great location from the station - smack outside! the welcome from Tobias was wonderful, the room was spotlessly clean and of a very high standard and the breakfast was 1st class. I really shouldn't be telling anyone because my son and me wanted to keep this place our secret but it deserves to be said.

We will definitely be going back - outstanding.

Room tip: I would imagine they are all top quality
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This B&B was recommended by my parents who have stayed at Britannia House on a couple of occasions and it lived up to expectations. Tobi was extremely helpful and was very accommodating when we had to have a very early breakfast on a Sunday morning. Very nice stay, hope to be back sometime soon.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends