Britannia House
  • Pool
The Mayflower(Lymington)
US$229
US$174
South Lawn Hotel(Milford on Sea)
US$132
PremierInn.com
US$269
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Cottage Lodge Hotel(Brockenhurst)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$118
The Pig(Brockenhurst)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewshost tobiother gueststrain stationforest suitean excellent hostnew forestfirst floorcooks a great breakfastlarge kitchenthe main houseisle of wightwithin walking distancethe ground floortown centrebreakfast roomhigh streetwarm welcome
Reviewed 21 September 2013

When? One night, September 2013.
Why? A brief visit to the Scorpion RIBS factory (boat manufacturer).
Cost? Less than the published rate - a bargain in my view!
The room: clean, comfortable and spacious with a small en-suite shower/toilet.
In room facilities: fridge, tea/coffee, toiletries, free Wi-Fi, small TV.
The bed and bedding: clean and comfortable.
Breakfast: the food, excellent, served in a sociable environment.
Common areas: kitchen on the ground floor and a charming sitting room on the first floor.
Parking: adjoining the property.
Host: Tobi - very efficient and welcoming.

The décor of Britannia House (I stayed in the main house, not the overflow accommodation across the road) is , shall we say, 'non-standard' and will not therefore appeal to everyone. Likewise Tobi the host and owner, who for some may be regarded as slightly eccentric. However, if you are the type of person who prefers individuality and character the Britannia and Tobi are the perfect choice for short term accommodation in Lymington in my view and I will certainly return. Based on my one night stay I see no justification for negative reviews. Keep up the excellent work Tobi and enjoy your upcoming family holiday.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank drbhongkong
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We spent one night at this lovely B&B and will no doubt be back. The room and bathroom was very comfortable, clean, and spacious. Breakfast was freshly cooked and wholesome with a wide choice of options. The location is a great base to explore the town an harbour area. Staying here was an absolute pleasure !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LozzoUk
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Whoever wrote 'Terrible' as their review is clearly the type of person who seeks out issues with any place. Having read the review I felt it to be unfair, prompting me to write this review.

Our stay at Britannia House was amazing, great host and very homely. The price is incredibly reasonable given the size of the rooms and the quality of the breakfast.

So enjoyable, we're going back and are considering making it an annual trip!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
tobi67, Owner at Britannia House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Tom, thank you very much for directly referring to another review.

I am afraid that once a year one gets those guests who make it a mission in their life to complain as often and as much as possible. I once had guests who moaned that there was water in their... kettle!!! (Well, that what a kettle is for, I am afraid.)

And just yesterday I had a cancellation for the same day and the person suggested to me that if I did not charge any cancellation fee they would write a nice review on TA. Unbelievable.

Looking forward to your return visit, I wish you all the best in the meantime. yours Tobi

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed one night at Britannia House in the top floor of the main house. The room was quite plush and decorated in the owners style. Not your average boring décor, that's for sure. the bathroom was large and well equipped. Lots of little touches to make the perfect stay.
There was a large lounge adjacent to our room which we had to ourselves, with far reaching views of the Isle of Wight.
The breakfast was first class, freshly cooked and very good. But no poached egg available. Come on Tobi, i'm sure you can that to your repertoire!
Tobi was a friendly and likable host, who runs Britannia House very well, its a credit to you.
Location right opposite the station if arriving by train, or free parking available across the road in a secure area. Few minutes walk to the town and quay.
A lovely B&B, we would definitely stay again if in Lymington.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Just back from a two night stay with my husband at the lovely Britannia House. Tobi is a wonderful host, friendly but not over intrusive. We were in the new part (a building across the road) which was beautiful. Spotless room with everything you need, including a very handy parking space. The bed was so comfortable too with lovely linen and huge bath towels!

Wonderful breakfasts, a lovely farmhouse kitchen and a gorgeous lounge to relax in and plenty of local info to help you plan your time in Lymington and the area.

Room Tip: We were in the new building but it was only two steps from the original and quiet and cosy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple