“One of the finest meals I've had”

The Elderflower Lymington
Ranked #3 of 118 Restaurants in Lymington
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Quintessentially British, with a sprinkling of French. The Elderflower is the new restaurant for food lovers on a cobbled Quay Street in the heart of Lymington, the beautiful Georgian town sited between the New Forest district of Hampshire and the West Solent. Head Chef Patron Andrew Du Bourg (formerly Head Chef at 5* Chewton Glen hotel and Michelin starred Club Gascon, London) will prepare modern British food with a sprinkling of French using locally sourced produce from land and sea.
Poole, Dorset
“One of the finest meals I've had”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Really fantastic food, we had a lovely meal backed up by very professional service. This restaurant puts lots of others to shame. There is also a well priced and varied wine list.

We cant wait to come again

Thanks

Lymington
“A very warm welcome to the Elderflower”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

So far I have been twice to the Elderflower. Once for dinner and once for lunch. The meal experiences were both great though different.

Andrew and his wife are very ambitious, working very hard, and delivering food of quality which is rare, certainly for Lymington. It would be easy to negatively criticise and "telling them how I would do it" because everyone nowadays knows better, don't they?

The point is that the restaurant has just opened and already I think it is a winner.

I certainly loved it. My wife adored it. My mother praised it. It was simply exceptional.

My tip: try it out first at lunch with the 3 course menu for £25.-, order a bottle of the "coffee pinotage" (one of the most exciting red wines I ever had) and enjoy.

Good luck, Andrew. Good luck, Marjolaine. We will be back.

• Visited January 2014
Near Southampton
“Fabulous meal and service”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were so excited to hear that this new restaurant had opened and were really excited about dining here. The owner Andrew and his wife have gone a long way to making this a special dining experience. We are real foodies so had quite had high expectations. We were not disappointed. Great choice of menu, we came on Mothers Day, the starter of Curried soup was delicious and the main course of roasted leg of lamb with all the trimmings was fabulous, generous portions with all the trimmings, could not fault any of the food. Desert was stunning, beautiful presentation and a real fine dining experience.

How lucky are we to have this fab restaurant in Lymington, we will be back very soon.

Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Dinner”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Local Produce including fresh fish. Beautifully prepared and served with a touch of Classic French skills.