We came across this quite attractive pub by chance. It was getting on a bit , about 1.30pm
and we were just looking for a drink and a sandwich,or something light as we were going to have a big meal that evening. It was still fairly busy with lunchtime customers so it was several minutes
before anyone appeared. It was a freezing cold day and the fire was enticing otherwise we would have made our escape then. My husband ordered a pint which had to be returned as it was undrinkable, no problem there, the young man behind the bar pleasantly exchanged it.
I had a glass of Pinot which was ok. Unfortunately the food was not of a very hihg standard. The soup, cream in colour and served in a cream coloured pudding basin hadn't much flavour and the bread was dry, it also had globules of oil on the top (we assumed it was oil) which we were not sure if they were meant to be there or not. We also ordered chicken and bacon pananni, chips and a salad garnish. No flavour, could have been any filling and the base of the paninni was so hard I coudn't even cut it with a knife. We could have complained but we didn't want anything else, just wanted to be on our way. We shall probably visit the area again but will definately not be going to the Mayflower and neither would we recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the harbour of Lymington on the South Coast, The Mayflower is a stunning coastal inn which has superb dining and stylish rooms with seaside views. Our six bedrooms are beautifully finished, each with their own unique, comforting and contemporary twist. Sleep in the finest Egyptian cotton bed linen, bathe in beautiful Victorian roll-top baths and enjoy some down-time with a Nespresso while looking out over the Solent. Recently awarded a coveted AA Rosette, we pride ourselves in supporting all things British and all things local, so expect to dine on the finest ingredients that Hampshire and the beautiful South Coast have to offer. Our talented chefs have lovingly prepared a delicious menu, including beautiful seasonal dishes such as crab and lobster macaroni with spinach, morels and tarragon or Buffalo mozzarella, heirloom tomatoes, grilled pepper and basil bruschetta. With an extensive wine list, the best in class ales and a great selection of creative gin cocktails, we have something for everyone at The Mayflower. As a nation, we love to experience the outdoors with our food and drinks. Come summer time, our guests can enjoy our spacious garden, with a picture perfect coastal backdrop as far as the eye can see. The perfect location for al fresco dining. In the winter time, we have real log fires throughout the pub to keep you warm on the coldest of nights. We are conveniently located on the South Coast in Hampshire and are very near to the Isle of Wight and the New Forest - which are truly beautiful at any time of the year, and offer the best in sailing adventures, sightseeing and countryside pursuits. Whether it's a perfectly British Sunday lunch, a lazy afternoon in the garden with friends or a romantic getaway, make The Mayflower your destination of choice! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Mayflower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mayflower Hotel Lymington
- Mayflower Hotel Lymington
- The Mayflower Lymington, New Forest