After a long drive from Stoke-on-Trent searching for a room with a sea view - found this - ideal!
or so we thought!
Room (Ferry View) spacious and clean, lovely view as name suggests. Booked for the Monday night and Tuesday requested we stay for 3 more.
Problems started; first night starter and main meal served at same time, third night ordered whisky, dash of lemonade, NO ice, arrived drowned, WITH ice, TWICE!
Thursday night arrived back 8.30sh after spending the day with friends, went up to our room and could not believe our eyes, all our belongings had been removed, someone else's case on the bed.
An embarrassing and humilitating conversation took place in the bar with the Duty Manager,
Aneta, she being the one who booked us in on the Monday and the one I spoke to the following morning., She was adamant we had only booked 2 extra nights, I was adamant it was 3, I saw her write 3x£85 in the Register, there appeared to be no other bookings on the page. As she passed the Housekeeper in the bar (on her way to get me a hairdryer and jug of water) I heard Aneta tell her 2 more nights. I caught up with Aneta in the corridor near our room after she had delivered the hairdryer and water and told her it was 3 nights not 2. It was no use arguing further.
She presented the bill, I immediately noticed drinks that we had not had, she shouted at one of the bar staff for this error. She offered to go to a nearby B&B to see if they had a room for us.
We declined this offer as by now we were in no mood to be pleasant to anyone. I asked where our luggage was, she said they had packed it and kept it safe, I was upset at the thought of strangers going through our belongings especially our 'dirties'.
I paid the revised bill, we asked for them to fetch our luggage and went outside to our car. Aneta and a young man duly arrived with it and put it in our boot. We just stood there in complete shock as to what was happening. We drove onto the Quay to calm down, I decided to look at the bill again , we had been charged a total of 4 nights !!! Back to the bar much to the amusement of the staff, showed her the bill, her only comment was "o she (?) must have made a mistake" not a word of apology, she gave me my refund in cash. I said a sarcastic 'thank you' and we left.
Have since e-mailed the Manager asking her for comments regarding the fiasco. Naturally I had a reply that made me out to be a liar, according to what she had been told they had already booked us into a B&B, also the Housekeeper had stood next to us when I requested more nights.
So if you want a sea view B&B in a pub with reasonably priced food and drinks and staff that listen to customers requests GO ELSEWHERE but if you prefer to pay £17.50 for a bottle of House wine and £4.30 a pint of Guinness, be humiliated and embarrassed, thrown out and branded a liar,by all means book into THE MAYFLOWER, LYMINGTON.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the harbour of Lymington on the South Coast, The Mayflower is a stunning coastal inn which has superb dining and stylish rooms with seaside views. Our six bedrooms are beautifully finished, each with their own unique, comforting and contemporary twist. Sleep in the finest Egyptian cotton bed linen, bathe in beautiful Victorian roll-top baths and enjoy some down-time with a Nespresso while looking out over the Solent. Recently awarded a coveted AA Rosette, we pride ourselves in supporting all things British and all things local, so expect to dine on the finest ingredients that Hampshire and the beautiful South Coast have to offer. Our talented chefs have lovingly prepared a delicious menu, including beautiful seasonal dishes such as crab and lobster macaroni with spinach, morels and tarragon or Buffalo mozzarella, heirloom tomatoes, grilled pepper and basil bruschetta. With an extensive wine list, the best in class ales and a great selection of creative gin cocktails, we have something for everyone at The Mayflower. As a nation, we love to experience the outdoors with our food and drinks. Come summer time, our guests can enjoy our spacious garden, with a picture perfect coastal backdrop as far as the eye can see. The perfect location for al fresco dining. In the winter time, we have real log fires throughout the pub to keep you warm on the coldest of nights. We are conveniently located on the South Coast in Hampshire and are very near to the Isle of Wight and the New Forest - which are truly beautiful at any time of the year, and offer the best in sailing adventures, sightseeing and countryside pursuits. Whether it's a perfectly British Sunday lunch, a lazy afternoon in the garden with friends or a romantic getaway, make The Mayflower your destination of choice! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Mayflower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mayflower Hotel Lymington
- Mayflower Hotel Lymington
- The Mayflower Lymington, New Forest