The Mayflower
US$163
  • Pool
US$174
South Lawn Hotel(Milford on Sea)
US$132
PremierInn.com
US$269
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Cottage Lodge Hotel(Brockenhurst)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$118
US$241
US$205
The Cloud Hotel(Brockenhurst)
US$175
US$171
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe pubroll top bathfresh milk deliveredsky tvyacht clubpiecoffee machinebeer gardenbooked a tableopen firemid week breakonly stayed one nightcoastal pathfantastic breakfastshort breaknature reservegreat shower
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Tried on many occasions but usually end up with poor food, staff can be a little short with customers, although haven't experienced that myself. They have a nice sunny garden with good play area for kids.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Captkjl
Reviewed 12 July 2013

After a long drive from Stoke-on-Trent searching for a room with a sea view - found this - ideal!
or so we thought!
Room (Ferry View) spacious and clean, lovely view as name suggests. Booked for the Monday night and Tuesday requested we stay for 3 more.
Problems started; first night starter and main meal served at same time, third night ordered whisky, dash of lemonade, NO ice, arrived drowned, WITH ice, TWICE!
Thursday night arrived back 8.30sh after spending the day with friends, went up to our room and could not believe our eyes, all our belongings had been removed, someone else's case on the bed.
An embarrassing and humilitating conversation took place in the bar with the Duty Manager,
Aneta, she being the one who booked us in on the Monday and the one I spoke to the following morning., She was adamant we had only booked 2 extra nights, I was adamant it was 3, I saw her write 3x£85 in the Register, there appeared to be no other bookings on the page. As she passed the Housekeeper in the bar (on her way to get me a hairdryer and jug of water) I heard Aneta tell her 2 more nights. I caught up with Aneta in the corridor near our room after she had delivered the hairdryer and water and told her it was 3 nights not 2. It was no use arguing further.
She presented the bill, I immediately noticed drinks that we had not had, she shouted at one of the bar staff for this error. She offered to go to a nearby B&B to see if they had a room for us.
We declined this offer as by now we were in no mood to be pleasant to anyone. I asked where our luggage was, she said they had packed it and kept it safe, I was upset at the thought of strangers going through our belongings especially our 'dirties'.
I paid the revised bill, we asked for them to fetch our luggage and went outside to our car. Aneta and a young man duly arrived with it and put it in our boot. We just stood there in complete shock as to what was happening. We drove onto the Quay to calm down, I decided to look at the bill again , we had been charged a total of 4 nights !!! Back to the bar much to the amusement of the staff, showed her the bill, her only comment was "o she (?) must have made a mistake" not a word of apology, she gave me my refund in cash. I said a sarcastic 'thank you' and we left.
Have since e-mailed the Manager asking her for comments regarding the fiasco. Naturally I had a reply that made me out to be a liar, according to what she had been told they had already booked us into a B&B, also the Housekeeper had stood next to us when I requested more nights.
So if you want a sea view B&B in a pub with reasonably priced food and drinks and staff that listen to customers requests GO ELSEWHERE but if you prefer to pay £17.50 for a bottle of House wine and £4.30 a pint of Guinness, be humiliated and embarrassed, thrown out and branded a liar,by all means book into THE MAYFLOWER, LYMINGTON.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Pam186378
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Varied menu with daily specials and plenty of locally sourced food, reasionably priced and very good service - would definitely use again. Mostly on one level so suitable for people with minited mobility - just one step at front door I think.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

Over 3 years I've lived here the food prices at the Mayflower have more than doubled and the food is no better than average. £4.50 for a pint if cider was robbery. I certainly won't be visiting it again.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Mrchuff
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Just visited The Mayflower on a busy Bank Holiday evening - they coped well with a party of 13 and the food was delicious. It seems to me that the pub has acted quickly to resolve some of the issues raised recently.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends