This was our first stay in a B&B, and we were worried about finding it, so we hired a car (rather than our usual public transport journeys). We needn't have worried, the train station was less than a ten minute walk anyway, but for April it was quite cold, not worth the walk.
We were greeted promptly at 5pm when we arrived, and the door was opened by a woman before we even had the chance to knock. The house was gorgeous, big and bright and away from the road, so as to avoid traffic noise (I am a very noise sensitive person.)
I cannot name the woman who we spoke to unfortunately, but she was there for the two days that we were, and she was lovely. We stayed in the pink room which was on the top floor, and was fantastic. The bed was extremely comfortable and we had a bathroom to ourselves (which was unfortunately just outside the bedroom, but not far and was not an issue - we never saw anyone up there, very private). Shower pressure was fantastic, as was the hot water, and all the facilities were pristine.
We were asked if we needed any advice on where to eat, and originally we were going for chinese. We were instead advised of a pub just up the road, which apparently had a limited but fantastic menu (among several other places). We chose the pub as it was close to the country house and it was honestly the best meal I have had in a long time.
We got back to the house quite late but it was easy to get inside (code on the door) and nice and quiet.
The only complaint I could possibly think of is that all rooms seem to have little storage areas in the walls, which the sound seems to travel through a little, but as i said, I am very noise sensitive and my boyfriend was not bothered at all.
Thank you to the lovely woman who greeted us - breakfast was fantastic as well, sorry we didn't see you before we left!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your host, Liese Cairnes, invites you to spend a truly sumptuous break in her highly contemporary and beautifully designed country bed and breakfast property in Lymington. Leyland's luxury bed and breakfast facilities afford its guests exceptional comfort and tranquility, whilst at the same time offering all the amenities of Lymington, which lies within easy walking distance of the B&B. Leyland offers luxury bed and breakfast accommodation with spacious en-suite or private bathrooms with luxury toiletries. Each of the individually designed bedrooms at Leyland have bottled water, tea and coffee making facilities, flat screen TV/DVD, free Wi-Fi, and each room has a spacious en suite or private bathroom with luxury toiletries, comfortable bathrobes and slippers. Guests enjoy their freshly made full-English breakfasts in the newly renovated Breakfast Room overlooking the fields and trees beyond. All breakfasts are home-cooked and include handmade local sausages and organic barn eggs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Leyland Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leyland Country House Hotel Lymington
- Leyland Country House Lymington, New Forest