“No effort was made in my opinion from the...”
Review of Chequers Inn

Chequers Inn
Ranked #44 of 119 Restaurants in Lymington
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lymington
“No effort was made in my opinion from the...”
Reviewed 27 July 2010

No effort was made in my opinion from the kitchen on my last visit, having taken a group of girlfriends visiting the area to a pub I thought had a great reputation for food. Two ladies ordered ploughmans and I was appaulled at the contents of the plates, it was laughable and I was hugely embarrased. I won't be making that mistake again!

2 Thank Samluvssun

Hampshire, England
“Hugely disappointed!”
Reviewed 20 January 2010

Finally managed to visit the Chequers Inn recently having lived in Lymington for many years. We stopped in for lunch as part of a walk along the Solent Way. My wife ordered Cod & Chips and was given an overcooked frozen not fresh piece of fish with a huge plate of (admittedly good) chips. My lunch too was also disappointing.

Decor and furniture tired and dated, toilets like something out of the 60's.

Avoid, go to The Mayflower, The Hobler or even The Ship Inn instead.

“Great Sunday Roast”
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Unspoilt, good friendly locals pub with a fabulous sunday roast! definately the best roast in Lymington

1 Thank HampshireJelly
Hampshire
“Great home cooked food and great for group meals”
Reviewed 19 July 2009

We regularly visit Chequers for meals and are never disappointed! I have been for family meals and groups meals with friends and I can confidently say that it is one of the best value pubs in town. Food portions are large and all home cooked. The burgers are awesome!! Apparently the lasagne is great too, and the daily specials are always delicious. If you're there in the day time there is a great garden and also a nice courtyard to sit in. There is also a marquee permanently in place where they show big rugby matches. Always a great atmosphere.

Thanks Simon, we'll keep coming back.

“Great character”
Reviewed 13 April 2009

I like the feel of this pub with its stone floors and beams. It serves a lot of loyal locals but visitors are made to feel welcome and service is good. Eaten here a few times and always enjoyed my food. Quite busy so I always try to get there fairly early to get a decent table.

Recently took 3 children under 5. I think the sign at the front is honest well behaved children and dogs welcome. They did some small portions but didn't have a specific childrens menu or high chair. When I asked for one I was told that the owner didn't want to encourage too many children.

Combine this with awalk along the seawall and its a fantastic lunch or dinner out.

1 Thank MaxxyHampshire