“Pleasantly surprised”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We had been reading reviews on this pub and the Dire Straights connection was enough to convince my other half to take me there.Nice relaxing atmosphere,with pleasing décor and lots of interesting pictures hanging on the walls.Now to the food.Yummy.I had simple Ham egg and chips and they were far from simple.Beautiful thick pieces of home cooked ham served with real chips! and home made picallili,delicios because I don't normally like the bottled stuff.My Husband had beer battered haddock with melt in the mouth batter.All very enjoyable thankyou

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Last time I had food this good I was sat in a stuffy posh restaurant with a pompus waiter breathing down my neck and the bill made me wince. NOT the case here. Great relaxed atmosphere in a lovely country pub. Lively staff who were keen to please and seemed to care. A good, well kept, real ale will always get me in a good mood. No lengthy wait for our food can only add to the good mood. We were in a group of 7 and none of us could fault our meals. I had the best calves liver of 49 year old my life! We asked to move outside for our deserts and coffee as the day had improved. They said it was perfectly alight to do so; no reluctance or long faces from staff. And finally the bill was very reasonable. We will be coming back.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Just back from delicious lunch in the garden as it's such fabulous weather. Really looking forward to our Golden Wedding Anniversary Lunch there on September 14th. Danielle very helpful. Hoping it lives up to expectations as it's a really special celebration!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I have been easting at EEA for over 5 years and it's one of my favourite restaurants - certainly the one we visit most. We are a bit boring as we tend to always go for the steak as it's so good but we've always been happy with other dishes we have both tried (the chocolate brownie is also very tasty!). The staff are very nice, service good, the only shame is that they have stopped serving new forest ice cream. The breakfast is also excellent. It is 'London prices' for dinner but you get what you pay for.
In Lymington I would go here or The Pig (which is fantastic but hard to get a table).

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We had a drink and a late lunch at this pub. Local ales available and food was decent pub grub. Staff were pleasant. It was not real busy, but we were off peak times. It is owned by the Dire Straits guitarist so decent music, if you are of a certain era, in the background, and a bit of memorabilia on the walls, but not excessively so. Over-all a favorable impression and worth a visit if in the New Forest area.