“Loved it”

Winelodge Suites
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Loved it”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We really enjoyed our stay its now even better since they now do a full english breakfast. Will defo be going back

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank debs2258

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
suffollk
Reviewed 18 March 2012

this was an anniversay trip for us and i was tempted by the words "penthouse" and "sunken bath". the apartment was absolutely enormous and really beautifully decorated, well equipped, spotlessly clean, helpful staff, peaceful and luxurious.

I would only suggest -in keeping with the rest of the apartment - there really should be a super king sized bed instead of a regular double and patio furniture is needed on the balcony.

I will definately be putting this on my regular list when we need a "treat"

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sambabee_12
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I have attend a number of 'functions' at the Winelodge, and having read the most recent review on here, I feel I should add a more reasonable approach.

Whilst, I must admit, the room does not appear at first the most obvious choice for a venue for a party/celebration (due to decor/layout as opposed to size) it certainly lends itself to a very comfortable, relaxed evening. Sofa's make a welcome break from the usual benching/hard seats. I have also found the table/searing arrangements (the amount asked for by the organiser) more than adequate.

The bar is a tad too small for a busy night in my opinion ( which probably explains the lack of bars stools...), although for those who are in desperate need of immediate liquid refreshment, the main bar can be found down only a few steps. A change, as they say, is as good as a rest! Having said that, this is not overly noticeable due to the hard working bar staff, who also manage to be more than cheerful and a good laugh too!

Both Dj's I have encountered have been very approachable and friendly. In fact, at one function I attended last year the lady went home and collected all of her own gear, rushed back, set up and carried on when there was a technical fault with the rooms equipment. I am not saying this to make out the Winelodge has shoddy technology, just to support how good their entertainment staff are!!! And she smiled a lot. And laughed. And looked good. Ahem, well, anyway. The dance floor is small, although thankfully, after years of training, I am now competent in dancing on a wide range of surfaces (including carpets! And rugs...) and the music, I have to say, has not always been to my taste, but I guess that's what happens when a room full of individuals make an untold number of requests....

Food (buffet only) from my experience has been more than satisfactory, the 'facilities' have been clean and 'appropriately stocked' (if you know what I mean!), unless some of the party goers have made a mess there and overall a good time has been had by all.

I cannot say anything about the accommodation - I haven't had any experience of it.

I look forward to receiving my next invite to a function here, I know what will be in store - a comfortable, enjoyable evening (well, that may depend on who does the inviting.....).

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank SuperTed83
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2011

well floors wasnt cleaned.....floor dipped in large patch in bedroom.....dust over all units.........sofas dipped as seen better days........no table n chairs to be able sit out on verranda......power shower your having a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more power came out off a dripping sink then that........and the bed well being in penthouse you,d off thought be something special lol well dirty old divan that had leg missing so was lop sidded and bed was so uncomfortable lumpy pillows so wasnt worth the money and if i had to give them money i would of been well you should off paid me!!!!! staff lol not helpful!!! can only pay with cards or 5 10 20 pound notes!!

Room Tip: dont go there
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank foreman1973

Travellers are raving about these Lowestoft hotels

Suffolk
Reviewed 18 August 2010

After reading some negative reviews I was a little apprehensive about what to expect. However I would totally recommend the apartments to everyone under pension age and without any children. The accomodation was very spacious, very clean and very comfortable. I would however recommend asking for a room at the back if you are after total peace and quiet. We were at the back and heard no noise at all, even on Friday night. We also had reasonable views of the Marina. The apartments are well furnished but stangely lack any kind of table or any mirrors apart from the bathroom one!

When it comes to good quality at good value food then this place is tops. The food was much better than expected with a fairly good menu. The service from the waitress was a little lacking though at times.

Oulton Broad itself is reccommended for a short break and the apartments are well located and especially suited for travellers who like a night out as the Winehouse Bar is quite lively on a Friday & Saturday night with a good atmosphere. There are also several other very good bars within easy walking distance.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MrSnake
London
Reviewed 25 March 2010

Stayed in these appartements for what was meant to be a Mothers Day break away!! Well where do I start, the NO SMOKING appartment smelt of smoke eveywhere even the bathroom! The appartment had not been cleaned our 2 year old found a nice empty beer can under the sofa. The door to the main bedroom was broken and we got stuck in the bedroom, luckily it was me in there not the kids!!
To top it all off WineLodge decided to rent there penthouse appartment out for a party which went on till 5am, just music I could handle but it sounded as all the furniture was being thrown about, our 2 young kids were scared out of their minds. To top it off the "secure appartment block" door was left propped open so that people could come and go from the party. We had screaming outside our room most of the night and none of us got any sleep. When we tried to complain at 4am in the morning there was no staff available!
Since getting back we have tried to complain on 4 different occasions and they have not once returned our call. The manager is never there, we have also written without any responce.
So if this us your idea of a place to stay then get it booked, however if like us its your idea of hell stay well clear!!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Emmah24
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowestoft
Travelodge Lowestoft Hotel
Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park
Baytree House
Baytree House
#7 of 28 in Lowestoft

Been to Winelodge Suites? Share your experiences!