“truly awfull”

Winelodge Suites
London, England, United Kingdom
“truly awfull”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Dont stay here, really awfull rooms, old plasters and fast food containers line the stairs, I opted for the expensive bathroom apartment which had damp towels which were a bit grubby, no hot water whatsoever, bed was ok but pillows were dirty and as thick as a rizla paper, next time ill save 56 bucks and sleep in my van - its cleaner !!!

Room Tip: go smewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stuart H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Great Yarmouth, England
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I spent several lunchtimes in the restaurant of this establishment recently, but I am unable to comment about the accommodation side of it. I had a total of Four lunches here, and I tried a different meal on each day. I have to say that the quality and presentation of the food was excellent. Good Value as well. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was always served with a smile. They do a lot of Special Meal Deals and always seemed to be busy with a varied range of customers... Families, Couples... Young and Old. A nice restaurant... recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We booked to stay here at the end of July 2012, the instructions from our online booking for checking in were none existent. On arrival we struggled to find any kind of reception so went into the Winelodge (our feet were sticking to the carpet in the Winelodge as it was soaked with stale alcohol & chewing gum)to ask the staff for advice, they told us to ring the number on the sign outside for MJB apartments to get a code to access for the apartments.We first tried the phone number on our booking notification for the winelodge but got no answer .We then contacted the MJB Apartments as advised by the staff on the number on their sign who said they had no booking for us, we then contacted late room who we made the booking through and they said they would contact the owners. They could not get hold of the owners either so they contacted the MJB apartments number that the Winelodge staff had told us to ring. They got the same reply no booking for us, we asked the late room representative to make sure that we would not be charged for the booking as it was a non refundable booking but couldn't see how we could be charged without them having a booking for us. By this time we were quite relieved that we were not staying after the sticky carpet didn't seem to bode too well and the piles of litter we could see on the inside of the entrance area of the apartments didn't impress us.

A few days later my credit card was charged by the winelodge for our non existent booking, we were absolutely furious. I spoke to the Winelodge staff on the phone who were most unhelpful but after several calls did manage to get the issue sorted. It seemed that the Winelodge staff gave us the wrong information.

We didn't actually get to see the apartment and it may have been better than the impression the Winelodge, piles of litter and shabby car parking area gave, just be careful when making a booking here the information given on booking was minimal and contacting them was difficult.
The apartments are not owned by MJB so don't contact them it just causes even more confusion.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Lowestoft hotels

manchester
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I stayed at the Apartments a couple of weeks ago due to business. Upon parking up in the Winelodge (very similar to a Weatherspoons) pub, I got the keys to find I was in the Penthouse Suite. I had booked this via Laterooms. The Apartment on first impressions was fab! Usually staying in hotel rooms, I wasn't quite sure what to do with all the space. It was pretty much open plan, decent TV in lounge area, huge equipped kitchen. On closer inspection, the floor / apartment could have done with a good hoovering (there was a cig butt on the floor in the kitchen for example, and some sort of green dye in one of the many sinks!). The bedroom was nicely furnished, as the rest of the apartment, however there were dodgy floorboards at the end of the bed, some sort of trapdoor under the carpet? I didn't stand on this bit as I was unsure why it slumped. Also the TV wasn't tuned in in the bedroom which was a shame. The bathroom / separate shower again was very well presented. The shower was pretty weak but no worse than a hotel room to be fair. As I am a lone traveller when on business, I would have preferred to have the key to what was a backdoor, just so I know no one could walk in (my own piece of mind). I suppose as well being on my own, it was a little strange and it was so quiet so any noises from other apartments sounded alot louder. However it would be a fantastic base for a family visit, and will most likely return with my family for a short break.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Essex
Reviewed 14 August 2012

On pulling up at the suites, I was filled with a big sense of dead... Pub, grotty car park, tired shops and litter. Went to find reception, it's in the pub... No signs to show you where! However, when we opened the apartment, I was pleasently surprised. Huge apartment, big bedrooms, large bathroom... very nice indeed. However, when you look closely, its not very well maintained, chips out the wall, dents in the ceiling, dusty surfaces. It only has small double beds which i don't expect in an apartment of this size. All in all though, as a base for a lowestoft, yarmouth area, it's good! Very good value for money. The car park is an issue, its just not big enough. On out second night we spent a good 30 mins driving round (There is no parking on the road) waiting for someone to leave so we could park overnight. AND there is a train line at the back... which isn't too busy with trains, but noisy when they come!. Just FYI!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I had booked the Winelodge Hotel but got a call to say that there was no availability, so I was upgraded at no extra cost to the Suites. I booked this through Laterooms and paid £50 for the night which given the appartment, was a bargain.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Martin B
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We really enjoyed our stay its now even better since they now do a full english breakfast. Will defo be going back

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank debs2258
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowestoft
Travelodge Lowestoft Hotel
#1 of 10 in Lowestoft
Kingsleigh Guest House
Kingsleigh Guest House
#24 of 28 in Lowestoft

Been to Winelodge Suites? Share your experiences!