“Very pleasantly surprised. ”
Review of Winelodge Suites

Winelodge Suites
“Very pleasantly surprised. ”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I booked to stay here as a little getaway for me and hubby's anniversary. Booked through LateRooms and got a great price for a standard room.

Then I read the reviews on trip advisor and thought "oh dear, what am I letting us in for".

The room is lovely! Clean and modern, nice and bright. Ok, so it looks like we are sharing the bathroom facilities with two other rooms but so what. At the price I paid, it is super marvellous.

I am yet to see what the effects of the nightclub noise may have on us but I plan to be outside partying anyway. Plus on the 2nd floor so don't foresee any noise issues.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed for the weekend. we were told on arrival that we had been upgraded to the penthouse. The room was excellent, a little tired but very nice. Huge fully fitted kitchen, sunken bath 50" TV Balcony. The stairs are a bit of a struggle and you can hear the nightclub, but we knew it had a club attached so no complaints there. Car park a bit dodgy lots of empty bottles etc. We had a meal in the winelodge, very good cheap and tasty.

All in all very nice, for the money.

Room Tip: Penthouse excellent or get a room at the back of hotel away from club
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We went for a friends wedding so luckily we slept through the music on the first night, however the second night the club above the bar was so loud I could tell what songs were playing in bed. The music and then the noise from people leaving went on until about 4am. The room was ok, very big but I wrote my name in the dust on the bedside cabinet, never saw anyone on reception and the kettle switched itself on at random times during the night.Spend more and stay somewhere nice - certainly not worth what I paid.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Lowestoft hotels

HULL
Reviewed 30 June 2014

A one night stay after visiting friends in the area. On Laterooms, the place looked pretty good and reasonable price for an 'executive suite'. As I parked the car, I was somewhat disturbed to see empty beer bottles and cans strewn about, which made me worry about clientele and security and then, as others have mentioned, no one on the reception desk, just a sign to direct us to the bar - a noisy, unwelcoming environment. A helpful member of staff sorted out the check-in and we went to find our room. Now, if our's was the 'executive suite', I'd hate to think what the 'standard' rooms were like. The whole building smelt of a nauseous mix of vomit and cheap air freshener that turns your stomach. The room was bland in terms of decor and the cleanliness left a lot to be desired (especially the bathroom). Never mind, maybe the view of Oulton Broad through the window will make up for the shortcomings - a glance out of the window, through the closed blinds soon told us why they were closed (see attached pics) - a lovely rubbish tip in the car park below and a mix of unsightly machinery at eye level. Just to add to the experience, a smoke detector emitted a very loud 'beep' at random intervals. At this point, we decided to see a member of staff, as there was no way we could sleep through this noise. The 'helpful' guy who had checked us in came from behind the bar, speaking to two other members of staff, mentioning alarms, then proceeded to walk up to our 'suite' with us. Strangely, not a single beep was heard while he was there, which at first bemused us, but later, we think he had told colleagues to switch the system off (I have no proof of this, but his comments to his colleagues seemed a strange co-incidence given the lack of beeping when he came to the room). My wife and I went out for a meal and returned at about 10.30pm. The noise was incredible, even with the windows closed (they had been open to get rid of nasty smells), they vibrated from the bass sounds and guess what? The beeping had returned! All night it beeped, every minute or so, even with the bedroom door shut. The disco went on til gone 3.00am and then we were 'entertained' by drunken revellers shouting and singing below in the car park. Needless to say, we got very little sleep and left in the morning as soon as we could, but decided to speak to a member of staff on our way out. Charming as she was, she listened to our complaints, but said the smell was all due to some spilled milk in a cleaners cupboard near our rooms and apologized for the noise, but this was beyond their control. I suspect that she has heard similar comments on many occasions before and has her stock responses.
All in all, the place had the potential to be quite good, if a bit characterless, but the bar / disco side of the business means that it's never likely to be a place for a quiet getaway. But the cleanliness and maintenance needs to be sorted - and at least one member of dedicated hotel staff should be on duty at all times.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. Upon check in the bar staff (reception was closed but I never saw anyone there in 2 days!) took payment but also wanted to write my card details down. I refused to allow them for security reasons but not without them trying to insist upon taking them. Room was clean and relatively comfortable with tea & coffee making facilities And towels. Although the room was at the back of the property the noise from the bar could be heard both nights. More disturbingly there was someone outside my room asleep in the corridor when I woke up after the second night. The shower had no power behind it either. All in all, not the best place I've stayed in and not my first choice of places to stay should I return to that area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
essex
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Unfortunately we arrived late so no one was in reception to speak to about the fact our room stank
of drains. Plus the noise from the night club and the people leaving screaming and swearing didn't finish until 3am .Carpets were soiled generally a
horrible experience!!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

So after my recent visit to Winelodge Oulton Broad i was shocked that in the early hours of the morning the fire alarm was ringing for over 30 minutes, i waited in reception with around 10 other guests who were completely drunk, i went behind reception and had to figure out how to turn the damn thing off myself, no staff were present and more importantly no emergency services, if there really was a fire, someone, maybe passed out drunk in their room would have fried !!!! serious risk going on here people !! the customer service from some staff members is astonishing, i had booked consequtive nights but not at the same time, they made me check out at 11.am then check back in at 3.pm, would you believe back into the same room !!!!! poor customer service skills, lack of adequate training and no management contact details or appropriate complaints procedure.
And for all those customers who have complained about the state of the beds, well i was appalled to discover that this establishment STILL hires its rooms by the hour for the purposes of local prostitution, (allegedly) which begs one final question, if so, is that classed as cash in hand and deemed as fruad ???????

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowestoft
Travelodge Lowestoft Hotel
#1 of 10 in Lowestoft
Kingsleigh Guest House
Kingsleigh Guest House
#24 of 28 in Lowestoft

Been to Winelodge Suites? Share your experiences!