“Worst room we've ever booked”
Review of Winelodge Suites

Winelodge Suites
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Pillows like pancakes, spring coming out of mattress. No blind so was awakened at 5am and too bright to go bak to sleep. Carpets stained. Shared bathroom wasn't clean and taps made a loud noise wen turned on. Hated every minute of staying there!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Charlene821

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for one night as it was near the airport where my partner was doing a skydive for charity the next day.

The rooms are above a parade of shops and seem to be ex council flats. You have to walk down a long pitch black corridor waving your arms frantically to make the lights come on.

We had two rooms: an 'apartment' and a double room with a shared bathroom. The apartment had stained carpets, pillows like pancakes, a cheap venetian blind that blocked out zero light and a grubby bathroom - nothing like the photos on site.

The double room had no wardrobe - just a Tesco value hanging rail on wheels and the window was screwed shut - it was 90 degrees in there. The room was swapped but some other poor so and so who checked in after us got lumbered with it.

We went out to eat and headed back around 11. The noise that met us when we turned the corner of the road was incredible. Loud music and people spilling out into the car park directly under our room. It was no quieter in the room - cheap aluminium windows made sure of that. We consoled ourselves that the bar would soon shut and peace would return. Oh no... next to the bar is a club, so people left the bar and went there. To cut a long story short, we were awake until 4.30am (and yes I had earplugs) with drunken, rowdy people going in and out of the place. The police were called at some point as a major fight broke out.

I actually wrote a letter to the Winelodge complaining about our dreadful experience but the Manager did not have the decency to reply....says it all really.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights as it was all we could find available as we booked day before. Arrived to find no one at reception all bookings made and confirmed via the bar! Staff were friendly though no top marks there. We were also given free evening meal for the first night at an open buffet (food was really nice too)! Went to bed after driving 5 hours from Kent! Got to sleep within minutes but was woken by noise about an hour later when the bar became busy! Next nights sleep was even worse unfortunately I would not recommend purely because if noise levels! Shame because no faults with food/staff/service

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed one night at the beginning and one night at the end of our holiday. The first night was a sunday, the place was quiet and the check in was pain free and the apartment (1702) was really nice, spacious and well decorated, little things let it down like thick dust on the blinds and marks on the carpet but other than that it was clean, the linen on the bed was 100% clean which is important to me. Based on this we decided to book an apartment for the Friday night, we got apartment 1301 (furthest one away from the bar), not as nice as the other one but sufficient for a one night stay, same points apply as the other one. However with this being a Friday night the noise was loud and it just so happened the crowd that were in were singing in the car park etc, we got little sleep and had to leave at 6am for return journey home. I would stay there again if in the area but NOT on a Thursday/Friday/Saturday night. PS Staff were very friendly and helpful

Room Tip: If getting an apartment get the exec suite 1702 as more comfortable, avoid staying on nights were th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I booked to stay here as a little getaway for me and hubby's anniversary. Booked through LateRooms and got a great price for a standard room.

Then I read the reviews on trip advisor and thought "oh dear, what am I letting us in for".

The room is lovely! Clean and modern, nice and bright. Ok, so it looks like we are sharing the bathroom facilities with two other rooms but so what. At the price I paid, it is super marvellous.

I am yet to see what the effects of the nightclub noise may have on us but I plan to be outside partying anyway. Plus on the 2nd floor so don't foresee any noise issues.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed for the weekend. we were told on arrival that we had been upgraded to the penthouse. The room was excellent, a little tired but very nice. Huge fully fitted kitchen, sunken bath 50" TV Balcony. The stairs are a bit of a struggle and you can hear the nightclub, but we knew it had a club attached so no complaints there. Car park a bit dodgy lots of empty bottles etc. We had a meal in the winelodge, very good cheap and tasty.

All in all very nice, for the money.

Room Tip: Penthouse excellent or get a room at the back of hotel away from club
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We went for a friends wedding so luckily we slept through the music on the first night, however the second night the club above the bar was so loud I could tell what songs were playing in bed. The music and then the noise from people leaving went on until about 4am. The room was ok, very big but I wrote my name in the dust on the bedside cabinet, never saw anyone on reception and the kettle switched itself on at random times during the night.Spend more and stay somewhere nice - certainly not worth what I paid.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple