“Avoid. Food cold, staff rude.”

Red Rose Indian Cusine
Ranked #60 of 179 Restaurants in Lowestoft
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We had to wait an hour for food, even though we had ordered in advance. We were refused tap water(apparently their water was broken but was suddenly fixed when we pointed out that if they had no water then it must be a health and safety issue).
The food was tepid and the staff were rude.

2  Thank Bhindi157

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We called in on our way into town our hotel had recommended the Indian and had a wonderful evening, we were well looked after and had a delicious meal i had the Chilli Lamb Shank for my main meal, it was cooked to perfection the meat melted in my mouth, we will be back again next time we are in town, we really enjoyed our experience thank you to all the lovely staff who made our evening a real pleasure

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I visited the red rose on a Wednesday which is their offers day in full expectation having visited this establishment in the past. I was surprised at the slow service which I received, once they came over and took the drinks ordered and asked if we wanted any poppadoms which we did, we waited a good 10 minutes for the drinks and poppadoms to arrive. Once the poppadoms had been consumed we waited eagerly for our order to be taken this wait continued for another 5 minutes before I managed to catch the attention of the waiter who came over and asked if we were ready to order we said yes please. he told us he was going to take away the plates which had contained the poppadoms before he took our order. 5-10 he returned to take our order after I managed to catch his attention once again.

The food once it arrived was of a high standard and there were no complaints. After we finished our food we once again played the waiting game to receive our bill it was almost as if they were trying to keep us in the restaurant to try and make it look busy for the passing potential customers.

Overall the experience was pleasant and I would return again in the future just wish I didn't have to wait so long for the food!!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We had an early pre-theatre meal here and found it a good experience. The staff were welcoming, the service good but unobtrusive, and the food very nice. We will certainly visit again. The Wednesday evening offer is good value for money

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Went to the Restaurant with friends for a meal, good friendly service despite it being very busy, good food as well, portions were of a good size and lots of flavour in the dishes.