The Hotel Victoria
US$84
PremierInn.com
US$112
  • Pool
Travelodge Lowestoft Hotel(Lowestoft)(Great Value!)
US$98
Travelodge
US$82
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Wherry Hotel(Oulton Broad)(Great Value!)
US$147
  • Breakfast included
Parkhill(Lowestoft)
All reviewssea viewcoast restaurantdeluxe roomthird floorsuper sundaybirthday dinnersmall balconychristmas partysea frontlovely hotelbottled watergreat roomlovely foodcomfy bedstayed for one nightevening mealmy mum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Me and my boyfriend enjoyed a lovely 3 course meal at the hotel Victoria. We were served by friendly staff who brought us our drinks and meals quickly, and enjoyed a nice window seat. Overall we would definitely recommend this restaurant to anybody, and will be returning for more meals in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah R
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that this was a new thing for us, to have lunch out on Christmas Day. The years keep piling up and this year no one wished to cook.

After searching around we decided on the Hotel Victoria. On arrival we were directed to the main function room. All the tables and chairs had been dressed in white, the room looked very festive with a sea view to top it off.

Our table unfortunately proved to be the first disappointment. Placed on the sprung dance floor, the meal did resemble one taken on a train. It was also placed directly in front of the stage with speakers being about 10 feet away. Not good for people with hearing problems - I should say at this point that we did leave it late with our booking and may have got one of the last tables.

On to the food. I had the French Onion soup to start, this I'd give 7/10 pleasant enough.

The main, I went for the traditional Turkey dinner. The vegetables were served separately and on the whole were nicely cooked. The Turkey however was a stack of processed slices. Maybe I was hoping for too much but I had expected fresh Turkey. The stuffing was a small slice without a lot of flavour. Therefore this gets a 6/10.

Then we all had Christmas pudding with brandy sauce. The only thing I can say about this is, small and bland. A disappointing 5/10.

There were a lot of good things, the location was lovely, the service was excellent, the staff all friendly and helpful. An easy 10/10.

In conclusion I was left feeling that a little bit more care and attention needed be made to the food. This may be down to price but at £65 per head I think it should have been better.

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank TheRealLondonReader
Reviewed 21 December 2013

we went for pre xmas menu very good value for money ents excellent nigel boy syer and lisa marie vaughan is a real asset to the hotel will definetly book next year coffee and mince pies at end of afternoon a nice touch merry xmas to all

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Had a late lunch here yesterday and were made very welcome.
The menu is lovely and very reasonably priced, staff attentive and a great view.
The restaurant was tastefully decorated for Christmas and so nice to have 'proper' napkins and tablecloths.
Thank you - we will be back!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Didn't stay at the Victoria, but came for dinner one evening out of season. Food was excellent and good value, staff were pleasant friendly and efficient. Wine perhaps a little expensive, but not outlandishly so.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends