“lovely italian in lowestoft”

Giardino restaurant and bar
Ranked #28 of 174 Restaurants in Lowestoft
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Brand new Italian restaurant opened in the beautiful gardens of the sparrows nest lowestoft.With head chef Andrew Blackmore and manageress Jo Brown looking after you and owners Andrew Flowers and Barry Keable who have been in partnership for over 30 years including The Thatched,Martellos and Eastpoint pavilion. With Italian wines,beers,coffees and alfresco dining who could ask for more! With menus which change will change with seasons who will not want to come back and try us again and again!
Gorleston-on-Sea, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“lovely italian in lowestoft”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Very nice atmosphere and lovely food, only bad thing was staff could of made more money off us for drinks if they were more attentive, but will definitely go back again, very clean and lovely.

1 Thank Bernadette T

United Kingdom
“A good restaurant for Lowestoft!!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I was taken here on a client lunch, the restaurant wasn't very busy but it still had a nice atmosphere - sun was shining in! We had main meals and desserts and all were very good. Not typically Italian but very tasty and the service was excellent. Lots of choice on the menu and very easy to park nearby to have access to the restaurant. I'd definitely go back for lunch or dinner.

• Visited March 2014
“Friendly staff. Good food relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We had a lovely lunch, we had planned to go to the coffee shop, but as we passed the door, we felt drawn in by the look of the bar and restaurant. The service was excellent. Only one mistake with one drink order, but this was sorted immediately, the food was lovely, Just as described on the menu, the desert was amazing and huge. We then had a lovely coffee and wine, we chose to sit in the conservatory, it was a lovely day but could imagine would be chilly on a cold day. The sun was bright, maybe some sort of blinds would be good as by friend kept her sun glasses on, but it was our choice to sit there! We will be
visiting again!

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Really nice place to relax”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We came here for pizza and drinks and it was lovely,really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and the pizza is fantastic ..thanks

Visited February 2014
LONDON
“Fabulous toilets!”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Came here with a client for an early booking having read (and laughed out loud) the silliest reviews of this place. I had a real good chuckle at some of the nit-picks for exaple the girl who was moaning about there being no ketchup and then the couple forced to wait in the freezing cold conservatory for their table to become ready. Come on guys you got to get real... So anyway this proved to be a bit of a talking point when I arrived. I was making light of (in my opinion) the silly review comments when I chatted to the staff on arrival.

So something to note here is that the staff DO READ and ARE AFFECTED by your comments.

With that in mind I now have to write my own comments...

The Good: Loved the banter with the staff. All very friendly. LOVED THE TOILETS - Haha I even took a photo for you... They are very modern and gulp: You all have to share! Food was reasonable Italian fare. I tried the love heart starter (throwback from Valantines day last week) which was really nice. The bread roll it was served on was very soft. Small niggle... Could have been hotter the dish was a bit on the cool side for me I like it pipping hot.

Mains I had the Calzonie Verdire (£10) and that was pipping hot and HUGE and I was stuffed.

The Bad: I have read some comments about PRICE and to be honest (I am a London boy) They are a bit "top end" Here are your examples
PINT OF CARLING: £3.60
GLASS OF HOUSE WINE £4
CUP OF COFFEE £2.50
DOUBLE DISARONNO £5.20
POT OF TEA £1.80

So overall our bill came to £62 quid which for the area is a bit steep but for London its on par.

ONE BIG MISTAKE I made was forgetting to leave a tip. I was caught in coversation and the till came up. I honestly forgot to tip you guys. I think the girl is called Steph so I will try to sort something out there.

Overall this was a great little eatery manned by "Staff" not "Owners" so they were efficient but come on customers if you need something or want to change something dont expect them to be telepathic just go and grab them. I wanted a lemonade so I got up... Walked over to the bar... And asked...

Would I go back? Yes.