“Sunday Carvery”
Review of The Wherry Hotel

The Wherry Hotel
Ranked #9 of 173 Restaurants in Lowestoft
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Sunday Carvery”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

On first walking in thought we'd not get a table. Wrong.

Thought the Carvery would be average (as most are). Wrong

Thought the service would be naff. Wrong.

Thought I'd leave feeling received poor value. Wrong.

Great location. Good food. Good beer. Good service. Great value. Not often I praise anything but in this case The Wherry deserves great praise indeed. Cracking job guys

Luton, United Kingdom
“impressive place, shame about the food”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Because mooring was tight we booked into the Wherry Hotel. This is a carvery and I am afraid the food must have been out for some time. To be honest it was late in the afternoon there was plenty of choice but it was dried up and I did not enjoy it. Perhaps if you arrived earlier it would have been much better. The hotel was impressive with stained glass windows and lots of room.

Stamford, United Kingdom
“Good fayre”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This place is a long established restaurant in Oulton Broad. It has great views of the water and boats. The food is served quickly and is good but its not always consistent. One day great, the next mediocre. Vegetables can be rock hard, seriously. Theres also an odd set up re ordering at the 2 bars with little organisation and staff not knowing what each other are doing. We can thoroughly recommend the chips and the ice cream sundaes.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great evening”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Moored the boat here. 6 of us went for dinner. Good food plenty of choice.service was good , would recommend a visit if your down this way :)

Lowestoft, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The man with the clipboard!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

As usual at the wherry we weren't greeting at the door so we took it upon ourselves to find a free table. After a good search we finally found a table without a reserved sign so I took a seat while my daughter and husband went to the bar to get drinks and tickets for food. While I was sat there I asked a member of staff to give the table a wipe and for some cutlery she was nice and friendly. After this a man with a clipboard wearing a checked shirt and glasses stormed up to me very aggressively and stated 'is there a reserved sign on that table because I will be kicking you off if there is'. I was shocked, I informed him that I had sat here because there wasn't a sign. I will not be returning after being spoken to in this way.

1 Thank Teddy1962