“What a disappointment”
Review of The pantry

The pantry
Ranked #60 of 178 Restaurants in Lowestoft
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Not having been to the pantry for over a year I could always remember it being as good as the reviews to date and was looking forward to a delicious home cooked roast dinner. Sadly this time it was not to be. The roast dinner was awful and the roast potatoes were not even freshly roasted but at least a day or two old. Tinned peas, tinned carrots and Luke warm mash. I was so disappointed and frustrated that everything is either out of a tin, frozen or, out of a packet. Whatever happened to home made cooking. It hasn't put me off going back as It could have been an off day for everyone including me! I hope the next time I visit I can leave a much more positive review.

1  Thank Jayne S
There are newer reviews for The pantry

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I have to follow the previous negative review with a strong positive. We have been to the pantry on numerous occasions and have always been happy with both the food and service. Good home cooking as you would expect. Prices reasonable and affordable for the whole family. Full tables speak for themselves.

1  Thank Sally J
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent service friendly staff. The food is absolutely amazing. I can highly recommend the mince pattie chips and gravy! My all time favourite.

1  Thank Whatsonmymind3
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Living in the same town as this restaurant means my partner and I visit regularly. The service is fantastic we feel so welcome and I have picked up that the manager knows most regulars names and even their orders which is fantastic!! I normally have a breakfast or breakfast bap. The meat is all fresh butchers produce which certainty makes a difference. We have never had a bad meal yet and will return again and again. Well done guys!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The Pantry has a warm welcoming feeling and food is always served in large portions. Great food always with the homemade taste. The staff are friendly and attentive.