Gunton Hall Near Lowestoft is a great place to get away from the hussle of daily life. The hall itself is nothing special and from the outside looks a little ordianary however the facilities of the Warner Complex were really good if you want to have some time away from home. We stayed in a premier Chalet called Labernum and this was a little walk away from the main complex so would not recommend if you find walking difficult. We had a little lounge area and seperate bedroom and bathroom. All very adequate for short break and roomy enough for two. The decor was basic but clean,not luxurious but very comfortable.The food was carvery or a few Al a Carte choices and was like home cooked, very easy to eat and nothing fancy.You have to report for breakfast between 0830 and 0930 and everyhing was hot and well cooked, the evening meal was from 1830 to 1930 .The evening entertainment was basic fun and the entertainment staff were always friendly and happy. If you ar expecting West End then its not for you, if you like to go with the flow and are not too judegmental then you will have fun. The do you Warner Dance workshops were great at going over basic steps , if you are an experienced dancer then they are fun but you will not learn much. The pool was large and not overcrowded, the gym had enough pieces of equipment to keep you busy for an hour and the grounds are worth a walk.Generally the fellow holiday makers were of retired age but being slightly younger we still had a good time and met some friendly people. This is not a cruise on land but good fun if you have an open mind and do not expect too much. There are some good cheap deals to be had too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every break at Gunton Hall includes hearty hot and cold buffet breakfasts and delicious three-course dinners. Lots of daytime activities and leisure facilities including swimming,archery and salon spa.A unique and dazzling schedule of entertainment and dancing is also included in your holiday.The Hotel organises shopping trips to Nowhich, Bure Valley steam trains and Broads cruises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Warner Leisure Hotels Gunton Hall Coastal Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gunton Hall Hotel Lowestoft
- Gunton Hall Lowestoft
- Warner Leisure Hotels Gunton Hall Coastal Village Lowestoft, Suffolk