Warner Leisure Hotels Gunton Hall Coastal Village
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Lowestoft
“Just returned”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

We have just returned today from weekend at Gunton Hall, and felt the need to write this review to thank the staff at Gunton for a really enjoyable time. This was our second stay, our first was in August last year. We stayed in a premier chalet Hawthorn 6 and found it to be spotlessly clean, warm and really comfortable. I was slightly worried that outside no1 hawthorn which we had to pass to get to no6 the paving was a little cracked and raised, and in the dark caused me concerns with my walking stick. But I just took a little more care. The staff everywhere were welcoming, have a smile, and couldn't do enough to help us. For instance on arrival we were shown a dinning table that was a little to far away from the serving area, being disabled we would have found this rather a long journey. However this was immediately changed for us when we pointed out our concerns. The food was really nice and varied. Something for everyone. Kristal our waitress was brilliant and really looked after us. She is a credit to Warners as are all your staff. The entertainment was very good and the DJ had a brilliant rapport with everyone. We can't get up and dance ourselves but we enjoyed watching others do so, who clearly were really enjoying themselves. Made us really jealous. On arriving home we realised that we had left a toothbrush charger behind, we telephoned and your staff quickly arranged to send it to us at our home. Thank you Warners. I would recommend Gunton Hall to everyone, and I have quite high standards. Warners meets my standards and more. Also I would add to anyone who is disabled like us, You won't experience any problems at Gunton hall everything is easily accessible Well done Warners, and thank you. Excellent prices too. Such good value for money. We have booked again for August.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Viv H
Gunton W, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Gunton Hall Coastal Village, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear “Viv H”

Thank you for lovely feedback and I will make sure Kristal ,your waitress, receives some reward and recognition for the excellent service. I am glad we found your toothbrush charger and look forward to seeing you again in August.

Simon Haslam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

I am a group leader and have just returned with my group of 90 + with no complaints. Believe me this is unusual.This is a holiday we have been on for the past 4 years. This year the house entertainment has improved 100%. Although none of us liked the comedien Brett Kite very much. Food was wonderful and all staff friendly and helpful which gave the whole holiday a lovely atmosphere. Lovely pool and spa and enjoyed water aerobics. Plenty to do in the day inside and out. If you can afford it the new lodges are really lovely with a separate lounge and plenty of room. If I say we have rebooked again same time next year for 100 people that should tell you how much we enjoyed it. Extra special thanks to Sue in office who made my room and table planning much easier for me

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lfcwest
Dear Mrs West

It was lovely meeting you last week and I am delighted you had “another wonderful visit”. I know Sue, our holiday sales manager, has read your lovely comments and we look forward to hosting you group again in 2015.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

The weather was wet and cold, after all it was Lowestoft but the welcome and accommodation was warm and friendly. The food was good and with plenty of variety. The whole days and nights were filled with activities and entertainment if you wanted to participate but there were also places you could be quiet. The New Years Eve Party was marvellous, except for the comic in the afternoon who was dire. We left at 1.30a.m. and the party was still in full swing! New Years day was full of entertaiment from breakfast time until very late. The panto was entertaining, the dance band terrific and the comic in the evening great. We went off to bed at 1230a.m. just as the disco was getting underway. One small grumble was that our room was not cleaned on New Years Day and there was no information that this would happen. A note in the room would have been appreciated.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Gunton W, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Gunton Hall Coastal Village, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear “John B”

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay and I am pleased you had a great New Year experience. Your feedback on the lunchtime comic has been passed to our entertainment team and I am happy that you enjoyed all the rest of the live entertainment during your holiday.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

We booked a Premier Suite. After reading the reviews I was glad we had. I also rang Warner a few days before to say that I use a Mobility scooter and did they have any Premier chalets without a step into them. When we arrived we discovered they had put us into one of the super new Garden Lodges, with lounge, mood lit bathroom, and bigger bedroom, at no extra cost.They also did the same for our 2 friends who were next door. It was also near to the main building.
As for the rest of the weekend we could not find fault with anything. The food was excellent, the staff were so helpful and always cheerful, and the entertainment was very professional. The facilities are also excellent.
I wasn't sure what to expect as I had never been to a Warner Hotel before but after this experience I will certainly be going again. Thank you very much Warner for a wonderful weekend.

Room Tip: The Garden Lodges are great but more expensive.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DaveBeresford58
Dear “Dave Beresford”

Thank you for lovely feedback and I am glad you had a “wonderful weekend” and in particular as this was your first Warner holiday. I hope to see you again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed in a premier chalet on village sq. The chalet was spotless and comfortable, the bed superb. My partner had organized a special basket, champagne, flowers all sorts of nibbles,all lovely. The Entertainment was good,The Jersey Boys tribute being fantastic. The decor/ furnishings were fresh and fashionable. Drinks were reasonably priced. The food was OK, my main complaint would be overcooked veg. This did not spoil a good break. The staff were excellent.

3 Thank finbargrow
Dear “Finbargrow”

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent holiday at Gunton Hall and I am extremely pleased you had a “lovely break”. I will pass your positive comments about the premier chalet to our housekeeping team and I glad you enjoyed your celebration pack in your room

Sheringham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

My friend & I booked a 3 night break as having been the previous year we enjoyed it very much. This year we stayed in a standard chalet, not good. The chalet was cold and the first night I kept waking up cold. The heating goes off unless you kept pressing the booster button! The first night they ran out of the main carvery meat so had cold meat not enjoyable but food from then on was excellent. We went to reception about being cold and they provided an extra duvet each but even though we were warm they were so heavy you couldn't move! The bathrooms are very small and the only heating in them is a towel rail which also went off with the heating. Had to have the small window open when having a shower to stop getting steamed up recommend they put in extractor fans.
The weekend was a success except for the chalet I would recommend Premier chalet which what we stayed in the first year but prices sometimes restrict peoples choices! The main entertainment was Edison Lighthouse on the Saturday night and they were rubbish the night before was Union Gap (brilliant) and the entertainment teams panto etc and the resident band were also excellent.

We didn't re-book this year as were very disappointed. sorry Warners you did let us down a bit

Room Tip: If you are going in winter book a premier chalet warmer.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jacksy53
Gunton W, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Gunton Hall Coastal Village, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear “Jacksy53”

Thank you for your review and I glad after the first night you felt the food was excellent. With respect to the visiting cabaret acts we always feedback the acts performance to their respective agents. I will make sure “Union Gap” has the positive comments and “Edison Lighthouse” the not so favourable comments.

I am sorry that you are not considering rebooking this year but hopefully we will see you again at Gunton Hall or another Warner hotel in the future.

General Manger
Stamford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

visted Gunton Hall for our twixmas break on December 28th,booked premier chalet at extra cost,what a disappointment so small had to move table and chair to get to dressing table,poor lighting,shabby décor,but spot lastly clean.

Room Tip: do not pay extra for premier room
3 Thank lincsybontour
Dear “Lincsybontour”

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay. I am pleased that your accommodation was spotlessly clean however concerned the room did not meet your expectations. We have a wide range of Premier rooms at Gunton Hall and I would be interested in which one you stayed in as normally we receive excellent feedback on them. If you get chance please drop me an email to simon.haslam@bourne-leisure.co.uk with some more detail.

Simon Haslam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowestoft
Ivy House Country Hotel
Wherry Hotel
Wherry Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oulton Broad
Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Warner Leisure Hotels Gunton Hall Coastal Village? Share your experiences!