Warner Leisure Hotels Gunton Hall Coastal Village
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Lowestoft
Burnham-on-Crouch, United Kingdom
“wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

we stayed there last week and had a wonderful time we could do as much or as little as we wanted , the food was great the entertainment first class , every one was very pleasant and couldn't have done more for us, I haven't stayed at a warners for years but will in future

Room Tip: we stayed in H block because it's close to every thing
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank peter w
Gunton W, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Gunton Hall Coastal Village, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear “Peter W”

Thank you for your review and I glad you had a “wonderful time” and will come back to Warner for future holidays.

Simon Haslam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely location for our second warner break this year. First impressions were shocking ! . We booked a premier chalet, it had a very mouldy musty smell, mould growing up the wall, dirty carpets and dressing table stool. There was dust on several surfaces including lamp stands and window ledges. However we saw Simon ( general manager) who very quickly and with a very high level of respect and customer care swiftly moved us to a newly decorated premier suite. This was beautifull. But we should not have been put in the position where we wanted to leave as quick as we arrived. Food was good, not amazing but just good. Our highlight of the weekend was Helen from the entertaimnents team singing in the lounge after Hermans Hermits, she was so funny she had us all in tears laughing, but ....she is also a great vocalist
thank you helen your a diamond and warner are lucky to have you there great

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Julie S
Dear “Julie”

Thank you for the posting on Trip Advisor and it was a pleasure meeting you on holiday and problem solving your accommodation. I will make sure Helen receives some reward and recognition for her service in the hotel.

General Manger
Spalding, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

First visit to Gunton Hall & could not have chosen a better location. The food, staff & entertalnment were first class, particularly the premier of their new show of a Tribute to the Musicals. Putting the whole thing together in two weeks was nothing short of amazing. Our waitress Kirsty was helpful, friendly & a breath of air, nothing was too much trouble for her. The woodlands rooms we stayed in (1 & 2), my wife, myself & my mother were clean and comfortable. They were close to the resturant, entertainment & quiet. All in all with friendly staff, good food & entertainment we look forward to returniing.

Room Tip: Woodlands are clean, comfortable & quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank spaniels2006
Gunton W, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Gunton Hall Coastal Village, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear “Spaniels2006”

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent holiday at Gunton Hall and I am extremely pleased you had a “great weekend”. Like you, I saw the opening night of our new music show “Curtains Up” on Sunday and I felt immensely proud of the entertainment team and resident band.
I am glad you enjoyed staying in the Woodland rooms which have recently been refurbished and receiving great feedback from new and regular guests.
I will make sure Kirsty reads the lovely comments about her service in the restaurant.

Hitchin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

We have been going to Gunton Hall for a number of years now, usually 2 or 3 times a year and we are always delighted by the staff (who now recognize us!) and the entertainment. WE came in February and saw Robbing Williams & 4Sake that both were brilliant. The entertainment team as good as ever (we'll be sorry to see Hayley go) :( The food was excellent as usual and for February the weather was good too!! We are going again in April for what we expect to be another exceptional weekend.

Room Tip: we have only stayed in the chalets close to main building & they have all been fine. Driftwood o...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gunton W, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Gunton Hall Coastal Village, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear “joyos51”

Thank you for the review on Trip Advisor and I love the expression “brilliant as usual”. I am delighted the team have started recognising you as any successful hotel have loyalty as one of its key cornerstone. I look forward to seeing you again in April.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I have just enjoyed a very pleasant two day break at Gunton Hall. We were very impressed with the accommodation, food and entertainment on offer. Every member of staff we met was friendly and helpful and the pool complex was beautiful. The only criticism we had was that the main house was in great need of a face-lift. Even a lick of paint would make a huge difference to things.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CyprusColchester
Dear “CyprusColchechester”

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay and I am pleased you had a “relaxing break”. With respect to the appearance of the main house I am delighted to share the news that we starting a project to covert old redundant offices on the first floor into six beautiful historic bedrooms and paint the outside of Gunton Hall. The project will be completed by early June and I hope you return to see the end result.

North Walsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Being a regular at Warner's for many years and find Gunton Hall a very friendly resort. With a warm welcome every time you visit, the room was very clean as was the whole resort and the food excellent as always. Service in the restaurant excellent as it was a special holiday the waiteresess Kirsty & Kristel really made it a holiday to remember.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear “John M”

Thank you for lovely feedback and I am glad you had felt that “Gunton Hall was a very friendly resort”. We are striving to become famous for our team friendliness and therefore delighted that you enjoyed your time with the team. I was particularly pleased you recognised the warm waitress service from Kirsty and Kristel and I will make sure they receive some reward for their excellence.

New Romney, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Room: Clean, well equipped and comfortable. Decor somewhat tired.
Staff: Excellent - always polite and helpful.
Restaurant: Food plentiful in choice, average in quality. with the occasional problem.
Entertainment: Really good - the resident team work their socks off and put on really good shows.
Overall: Terrific value for money. My only worry was the Hygiene Rating of 1/5. I was so concerned that, prior to my visit, I e-mailed Warners to ask if the necessary action had been taken to rectify this situation. They did not reply.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank billio2016
Hannah_Warner, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Gunton Hall Coastal Village, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear “Billio”,

Thank you for your recent review. I take on board your comments regarding the room decor. I would like to address your worry regarding the Hygiene rating. There is a wide range of criteria which an establishment is judged on when receiving a star rating. In September 2012 we received an excellent score of 5/5*. I can confirm that the recent for our score is mainly for structural reasons. I hope this gives you peace of mind as we are currently completely revamping and changing the kitchen layout so the issues should be resolved. These changes hopefully will be reflective in our new star rating which we are currently in the process of applying for.

Our Head Chef Jason has worked for Warner for 4 years, is dedicated to providing delicious award-winning meals at the highest quality- both taste and hygiene considered! We look forward to welcoming you and many guests which enjoy over ¼ million meals which we are served each year.

I do hope you will consider returning to us in the near future and I am pleased to say we have now been communicating by e-mail to resolve this.

Simon Haslam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowestoft
Ivy House Country Hotel
Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Waveney Inn
Waveney Inn
#1 of 1 in Burgh St Peter

Been to Warner Leisure Hotels Gunton Hall Coastal Village? Share your experiences!