Warner Leisure Hotels Gunton Hall Coastal Village
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Lowestoft
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Even better than last year! The food was great, the staff can't do enough, our waiter Richard was very patient. The whole place is just brilliant. Marmalade (60's group) gave a fantastic show on Saturday, there is something for everyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShropshirePandA
Gunton W, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Gunton Hall Coastal Village, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear “ShrospshirePandA”

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay at your HMS Ganges naval reunion. I am delighted you felt the event was “better than last year” and I know the team enjoyed looking after your solus. I will make sure Richard receives some recognition for his excellent service in the restaurant.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My second visit.still a great standard.the staff are friendly and polite.the swimming pool is my favourite.very clean.the food is good.something for every taste.the entertainment on Saturday was brilliant.the marmalade were performing.first class

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank perdita-12

Dear “perdita”

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your “Ganges Reunion” and we hope to see you again soon.

General Manger

Reviewed 10 April 2014

we stayed there last week and had a wonderful time we could do as much or as little as we wanted , the food was great the entertainment first class , every one was very pleasant and couldn't have done more for us, I haven't stayed at a warners for years but will in future

Room Tip: we stayed in H block because it's close to every thing
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank peter w

Dear “Peter W”

Thank you for your review and I glad you had a “wonderful time” and will come back to Warner for future holidays.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Lovely location for our second warner break this year. First impressions were shocking ! . We booked a premier chalet, it had a very mouldy musty smell, mould growing up the wall, dirty carpets and dressing table stool. There was dust on several surfaces including lamp stands and window ledges. However we saw Simon ( general manager) who very quickly and with a very high level of respect and customer care swiftly moved us to a newly decorated premier suite. This was beautifull. But we should not have been put in the position where we wanted to leave as quick as we arrived. Food was good, not amazing but just good. Our highlight of the weekend was Helen from the entertaimnents team singing in the lounge after Hermans Hermits, she was so funny she had us all in tears laughing, but ....she is also a great vocalist
thank you helen your a diamond and warner are lucky to have you there great

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Julie S

Dear “Julie”

Thank you for the posting on Trip Advisor and it was a pleasure meeting you on holiday and problem solving your accommodation. I will make sure Helen receives some reward and recognition for her service in the hotel.

General Manger

Reviewed 1 April 2014

First visit to Gunton Hall & could not have chosen a better location. The food, staff & entertalnment were first class, particularly the premier of their new show of a Tribute to the Musicals. Putting the whole thing together in two weeks was nothing short of amazing. Our waitress Kirsty was helpful, friendly & a breath of air, nothing was too much trouble for her. The woodlands rooms we stayed in (1 & 2), my wife, myself & my mother were clean and comfortable. They were close to the resturant, entertainment & quiet. All in all with friendly staff, good food & entertainment we look forward to returniing.

Room Tip: Woodlands are clean, comfortable & quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank spaniels2006
Gunton W, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Gunton Hall Coastal Village, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear “Spaniels2006”

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent holiday at Gunton Hall and I am extremely pleased you had a “great weekend”. Like you, I saw the opening night of our new music show “Curtains Up” on Sunday and I felt immensely proud of the entertainment team and resident band.
I am glad you enjoyed staying in the Woodland rooms which have recently been refurbished and receiving great feedback from new and regular guests.
I will make sure Kirsty reads the lovely comments about her service in the restaurant.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We have been going to Gunton Hall for a number of years now, usually 2 or 3 times a year and we are always delighted by the staff (who now recognize us!) and the entertainment. WE came in February and saw Robbing Williams & 4Sake that both were brilliant. The entertainment team as good as ever (we'll be sorry to see Hayley go) :( The food was excellent as usual and for February the weather was good too!! We are going again in April for what we expect to be another exceptional weekend.

Room Tip: we have only stayed in the chalets close to main building & they have all been fine. Driftwood o...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Gunton W, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Gunton Hall Coastal Village, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear “joyos51”

Thank you for the review on Trip Advisor and I love the expression “brilliant as usual”. I am delighted the team have started recognising you as any successful hotel have loyalty as one of its key cornerstone. I look forward to seeing you again in April.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I have just enjoyed a very pleasant two day break at Gunton Hall. We were very impressed with the accommodation, food and entertainment on offer. Every member of staff we met was friendly and helpful and the pool complex was beautiful. The only criticism we had was that the main house was in great need of a face-lift. Even a lick of paint would make a huge difference to things.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CyprusColchester

Dear “CyprusColchechester”

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay and I am pleased you had a “relaxing break”. With respect to the appearance of the main house I am delighted to share the news that we starting a project to covert old redundant offices on the first floor into six beautiful historic bedrooms and paint the outside of Gunton Hall. The project will be completed by early June and I hope you return to see the end result.

Simon Haslam

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowestoft
Travelodge Lowestoft Hotel
Allseasons Hotels by Tingdene
Wherry Hotel
Wherry Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oulton Broad

Been to Warner Leisure Hotels Gunton Hall Coastal Village? Share your experiences!