Came here a year ago and it is very clear that the new management is improving things. The penny pinching on the food has stopped: there are now fried eggs rather than cheap scrambled eggs (I assumed they were buying cracked and broken eggs), the bacon is not the odd cuts that they had before, they have fresh rolls rather than bread that was past its sell by date. Food is amazingly good for the price.
They are investing heavily in the rooms which are really comfortable. This is incredibly good value. In fact at the price we paid it is hard to see how they can manage it. However we went before Easter in cold weather and the duvet was so thin it was impossible to keep warm despite having the electric heaters on. Supplies gave us a thin blanket which made little difference. Had to get another one.
However there is a cost to this. If you cannot bring your own linen you have to buy it which of course saves them a fortune in washing, allows them to buy huge quantities at low prices, and does not increase the headline price of the holiday. Very clever strategy. I would not be surprised if they start charging for parking - £1day? This would all be a pity since it would alienate their traditional market and add significantly to the cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Long established, friendly holiday park with many amenities for both young and young at heart. please note all rooms are non smoking for our guests' comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pontins Pakefield Hotel Lowestoft
- Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park Lowestoft, Suffolk