“Not happy”

Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We booked our holiday under the impression we were going self catering but it turned out that was not the case they don't have the facilities to do self catering all you have in your accomodation is a kettle, toaster, microwave and a fridge so unless you just eat microwave food your ok but if you actually like to cook for your family then don't go to pontins the cleanliness of the chalet was not good either bed was terrible I would not recommend pontins to any one

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank BeTtYBo0p
Write a ReviewReviews (1,521)

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I have just returned from another great week at Pakefield. If you have never tried a Pontins then please try Pakefield. It is right next to the beach, everything is near. There is loads of food and you can help yourselves to as much as you like. The Bluecoats will keep children entertained for hours.
If you prefer an adult only then choose a select week of weekend. I have been going there for the last 30 years and always enjoy myself. Me and my husband are returning in 2 weeks with our grandson, We are all looking forward to it. The deals are great value. This is not the only place I holiday but it is certainly a favourite.

Room Tip: If you have children a room in the quadrangle is good because it gives a nice enclosed space for the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rita K
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Just come back from a 4 night break at pakefield. I will start with the positives, great value for money, staff around the holiday park were helpful and polite. We went half board for our stay there was a good choice for breakfast and dinner each day and always plenty no matter what time we were eating. The pool although a little dated was reasonably clean the staff were good fun with the children. The facilities to hire on the park was good my children enjoyed the trikes and also playing tennis, although the tennis courts were looking a bit shabby. However whilst we were there work was being done to improve this. The negative for us was our apartment :-(, when we arrived on first inspection it seemed that our apartment had not been used recently as there was cobwebs and dirt in and around the bath, so we had to clean this before use. Also our shower was poor and didn't work properly, it was like an old swimming pool shower that you had to keep pressing the button in to get water but the water flow was poor and the bathroom in general wasn't vey clean. This didn't spoil our time at Pakefield and I think it offered great value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Yvonne774
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I really enjoyed my trip to Pontins Pakefield and we are going back again. I liked the staff they were very nice and always out to please. The blue coats are very nice. I have been to Butlins and the red coats there are not very engaged and dont really care about the children. But the blue coats here are really engaged with the children and seem really happy. It was not extremly clean but good enough for what I payed for. The beds were good the only thing I would say is the new bed linen policy is annoying because we were not told about it and had to pay £50 in bed linen prices. So I say bring your own bed linen. Facilities are good. There is a free games room just leave a diposit and play what you want for however long you want.
So all in all a good family holiday.

Room Tip: Dont go for a room near the club and also dont go for self catering because you dont get an oven or...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Nuala G
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Me and my family stopped here at the weekend and right from the start we were made to feel welcome, the blue coats always went out the way to say hello and ask us how we are enjoying our holiday. Entertainment each night was excellent, we had Sooty and Sweep one night which our son loved and a X factor reject the next.
The rooms are clean and fresh considering how old the chalets are.
The food in the evening is very good with plenty to choose from and breakfast is eat all you can fry up buffet style or a healthy porridge.
You certainly get what you pay for if not more.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Stuartistic
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I booked to take a friend away who needed a break but not expecting too much as it was so reasonably priced for full board. Initial impression on arriving was it was a little jaded but how pleasantly surprised I was at such beautifully kept gardens and a lovely little camp. The staff worked so hard in trying to please everyone and if you couldn't find something to eat you liked then quite frankly you are probably the sort of person that complains about everything.
The small little "kitchen" was a pleasant surprise. We were there to enjoy ourselves - and we did.
I would really like to take my family and grandchildren there next year for a cheap holiday but there is no way to book it yet ?

Room Tip: Limited disabled rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lynn J
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Everyone was helpful and kind. Accommodation was satisfactory, although the bed could be improved with new mattress. On arrival in chalet there was a welcome pack with tea, coffee, sugar, milk and biscuits. Food was plentiful and entertainment was good. It would have been nice if pool had opened earlier. I had a very enjoyable time as I travelled with a large group. Thanks to Marilyn for arranging the trip. Would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowestoft
Travelodge Lowestoft Hotel
#1 of 4 in Gorleston-on-Sea
St. George Hotel
St. George Hotel
#87 of 99 in Great Yarmouth

Been to Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park? Share your experiences!