Just back from another 60's weekend with GN Holidays, we went on a similar one in March 2013.
I have scored it average, but for value and entertainment I would give it higher.
We had chalet 214 this time and had a bad nights sleep the 1st night due to feeling every spring in the bed. Next day I asked if they could find a better mattress or put a duvet as a topper which they did to make it more comfortable.
The bathroom has a terrible problem with damp but you get what you pay for and this was cheap.
Entertainment is good though we were a bit disapointed with the MerseyBeats (more like missbeats) I think they are living on past glory. Sunday night was much better with Edison Lighthouse and of course the entertainment manager from GN Holidays (Maria) makes it.
Where else can you get 3 nights accom, half board and entertainment and drinks for 99p until 9pm for £100 ??
No way would I go here if it wasn't a 60's weekend for the over 40's but have booked again for next March 60's weekend
Some tips, take a tea towel and washing up liquid if you want to make tea or coffee or use the limited catering facilites. Take more coathangers, there were only 4 wire ones. Take a bathmat or towel to put down in the bathroom and if you bath or shower everyday take more towels as its difficult to get them dry at this time of year and they only provide one small bath towel and one handtowel per person
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Long established, friendly holiday park with many amenities for both young and young at heart. please note all rooms are non smoking for our guests' comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Superbreak UK so you can book your Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pontins Pakefield Hotel Lowestoft
- Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park Lowestoft, Suffolk