I went to Pakefield with great trepidation after reading many disparaging reviews - mainly concerning the cleanliness of the place and food and I one point we thought of not going. As we were not expecting very much we quite pleasantly surprised with the state of our chalet. It was very basic and small (the bathroom was almost as big as the living area) but it was generally clean - there were areas that could have a bit more elbow grease applied to but on the whole it was OK. One gripe we had was that although check-in was 16.00 and you would assume that the chalets would be ready - when we got to the chalet it was not.
The food was good - there was always soup, salad starters, choice of meat or fish or vegetarian for main with choices of vegetables. Puddings were choice of cakes, fruit or ice cream. True it was not cordon bleu but we found it very good for the price that we had paid.,
The entertainment, both day & night was very good, and the entertainment team was excellent.
We would recommend it and would certainly think about going again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Long established, friendly holiday park with many amenities for both young and young at heart. please note all rooms are non smoking for our guests' comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pontins Pakefield Hotel Lowestoft
- Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park Lowestoft, Suffolk