We stayed at Pontins a few weeks back for a 'back to reality' themed weekend. The park was lovely and quiet. The chalets were basic but adequate for our needs. Extremely clean and warm. As someone else previously mentioned the curtains were a little ill fitting, so not only did the sun wake us up at 5am, people can see in. Another problem for us was the positioning of the plugs, there was no plugs on the wall near the bed so we were unable to plug in our laptop or charge our phones without them being on the other side of the room. The beds were comfy and we bought our own bedding. The bathroom was spotless although the shower was rather annoying as it was like the ones you get in a swimming pool changing rooms where it goes off after a minute and you had to keep pressing the button.
The food was ok, there was always something i would eat on offer, even if it was fish fingers, chips and beans and the organisation of the self service runs smoothly. The only problem was the times of meals as 5-6pm for dinner is a bit early for me and my boyfriend. However there is a little cafe offering a selection of meals until late. The price of everything seemed reasonable eg the shop and drinks and the staff are extremely friendly and polite.
The park is fantastic distance to beaches esp Great Yarmouth which has a great Pier and gorgeous beach, and theres plenty of activities around the area. We had a brilliant break. All the little complaints didnt affect our holiday, just things that could do with improving. The only thing that let this holiday down was that we booked an adult only holiday so made the heartbreaking decision to leave our 4 month son at home, only to see more than 10 kids at the park which was really annoying. Other than that will definitely be returning :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Long established, friendly holiday park with many amenities for both young and young at heart. please note all rooms are non smoking for our guests' comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Superbreak UK so you can book your Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pontins Pakefield Hotel Lowestoft
- Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park Lowestoft, Suffolk