We stayed here half term week. We have family that have been here before and decided to join them this year. After reading other reviews we were regretting booking and dreading it. How ever once we got Into our room it seemed ok not the best iv stayed in but not the worse, for the price we paid the food was acceptable.The evening entertainment was great kids had a whale of a time. How ever the swimming pool needs a good clean.(this could just be my opinion) the crazy golf needs a bit of tlc we list a few balls here due to them falling down holes in the pipes. My son was disappointed to find we couldn't use the pitch and putt as the grass hadn't been cut this was the same with what looked like football pitches and we found that there wasn't really a lot to do in the day for the kids. (It did however rain all week if the weather was better the kids would of loved using the park and trampolines this not pontins fault) dinner was crazy in our opinion they needed to start earlier (5:30 was to Late for our 2 yr old)and stay open for more than 2 hours this might of helped the mad rush. We were in a club apartment which meant we would have beds made up and towels in room we still hadn't received these when we left and one of our beds never got bedding even though we paid extra £30 a head for this service just like as club we were meant to get half price leisure activities between 10-12 but there was no activities running. When we complained we were told they were short staffed and that if we came back in august everything would be running and there would be more entertainment.Which takes the biscuit really as we paid the same amount as we would if we went in August. I would not suggest paying the extra to upgrade to club as there is no difference really save yourself the money and go basic. As part of club your meant to get allocated parking when we got there to park someone else had parked in it. To be fair re man on the gate did warm us that no.10 was our space but he couldn't guarantee that no one else had parked there. So it really wasn't worth the extra we paid to go club. Over all though for the price you pay it's not bad. But come on pontins if there meant to bed beds made up do it we paid for it. If there meant to be towels provide them. Take care I your park and it will be lovely cutting the grass isn't an awful job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Long established, friendly holiday park with many amenities for both young and young at heart. please note all rooms are non smoking for our guests' comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, LateRooms and Cancelon so you can book your Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pontins Pakefield Hotel Lowestoft
- Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park Lowestoft, Suffolk