We have just returned from a 4 night mon-fri break as a group of 2 adults, a 5 year old and an 18 month old and would like to say that some of these reviews are very harsh. We arrived at the camp around 4:30 and was checked in straight away. We then made our way to our chalet and was pleasantly surprised as it appeared we had been "upgraded" to a club chalet. Yes they are very basic but were clean and tidy. We had a double bed in the main area which also had a small kitchenette, microwave and fridge. The kids bedroom had bunk beds and the bathroom was adequate with a push button shower. Our bed was a bit squeaky but comfortable enough. We did have a small problem with flying ants but we were really impressed with how quickly the staff came to deal with it and we were also given a complimentary bottle of wine for our trouble (bonus). If you pay money to go away for the week to sit in your room then this is not the place for you but as we only used it to sleep and get ready then its totally fine.
The camp in general could do with a lick of paint here and there but not at all as run down as some reviewers have made out. The arcade was good with the right mix of machines and the crazy golf was good for free. The shop is a bit chaotic but had everything you needed. The children's parks were excellent and well maintained. The evening entertainment was really good especially ricky k (from bgt) and usually went bingo, , kids dancing, caberet and disco. One thing that would of been nice wouldve been to have the croc crew out and about more during the evenings and around the park during the week. My children saw them once on the first night and that was it.
Now comes to the food situation. Breakfast consisted of cereals, fruit, yoghurt, porridge and a full English. Dinner was different choice of mains (the gammon night and bbq pork were particularly good) with sides of chips potatoes and a vegetable dish. There was also a different soup each night and a nice salad bar if you didnt fancy chips! No one has paid top dollar for this holiday so please dont expect caviar and smoke salmon but overall the food was good. The only thing that let's it down is the queues but I totally believe that this is down to understaffing. Also if you go a bit later on and not before or as soon as the doors open then the queues are not that bad!
The camp is ideally situated to explore the surrounding areas ie pleasurewood hills, Lowestoft, great Yarmouth and Africa alive and only a short walk from a beautiful beach.
We had an excellent time and more importantly the kids loved it. Please dont expect the camp to be a 5* paradise but take it for what it is...a good value family uk holiday park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Long established, friendly holiday park with many amenities for both young and young at heart. please note all rooms are non smoking for our guests' comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pontins Pakefield Hotel Lowestoft
- Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park Lowestoft, Suffolk