I'd read the reviews after booking 3 nights half board for myself and my partner, and even he seemed worried before arriving too. Well, talk about unfounded! We arrived on the Friday, about 4 ish and queued for a couple of mlnutes and got the keys straight away. Found our chalet and walked in, to be pleasantly surprised by the room. Yes it is small, double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, small kitchen area and large toilet/shower room and tv. However, it was spotlessly clean. The kitchen white goods looked almost brand new. The shower was hot and powerful. We then walked up to get our evening meal. Yes there was a queue to get food, but it was August bank holiday weekend, I didn't expect anything less, and as my partner said, when you walk into a restaurant, you expect a wait for food when you order it. So what's the difference? The food was constantly being replenished, and the tables were always being cleared of dirty plates etc, so there were always tables available for new diners. After our meal, we went into the main entertainment hall and played bingo and watched all the evenings entertainment. We really enjoyed ourselves. The ents team try to keep things going as much as possible, involving the children and adults. We also went into the amusement arcades, where I had my one small criticism. A lot of the machines are ticket prizes only. I know it's easy money, but I like to win cash and not 1000's of tickets to exchange for a pen! Anyway, there were plenty of other machines scattered around the park, so we were happy with those. We stayed for the while weekend, Friday to Monday and we only paid £120 for both of us, so it was a real bargain. We both agreed that we had a good time and that the food and entertainment was worth enjoying. We will most certainly be going back and I will recommend to my friends and family too. Thanks Pakefield team for a lovely weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Long established, friendly holiday park with many amenities for both young and young at heart. please note all rooms are non smoking for our guests' comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pontins Pakefield Hotel Lowestoft
- Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park Lowestoft, Suffolk