“BEST Pub Grub around!”
Review of The White Horse

The White Horse
Ranked #46 of 200 Restaurants in Lowestoft
Description: Village pub and restaurant on the East coast of Suffolk offering great food, lagers, spirits and local ales. Dog and family friendly.
Reviewed 6 July 2021 via mobile

I have now been in The White Horse twice and I most definitely will return! The food is absolutely wonderful, as a vegetarian I find it very hard to find a good vegetarian burger and I was not disappointed with this delicious veggie burger! The staff are fantastic and very friendly, you always feel welcomed and their patter is on point! If you’re in the area I highly recommend, it’s a lovely clean, covid safe place to eat and have a drink. Next time I will definitely venture for one of their delicious looking cakes! Thank you very much to the staff of White Horse for making my time there absolutely fabulous!

1  Thank natashamareew

Reviewed 6 July 2021 via mobile

If you like chips this is the pub for you ..
Unless we had a limited menu , everything come with chips ..
Went on a Sunday afternoon , hoping for a roast dinner , but all had gone , which is fair enough , everything left on the menu was with chips … none with vegetables.

Reviewed 4 July 2021

Don't know where to start the food wasn't what we asked for.they told me they had pies of you call
Cornish pasties a pie . ordered scampi got fried prawns we paid bill left its the worst place I've ever been the smell wasn't very nice .

Date of visit: July 2021
2  Thank 678frederickm
Bev C, Owner at The White Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2021

Hi. As previously stated to you, Scampi is prawn wholetail. We gave you the option of several different pies as well as the cornish pasty. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the meal with us.

Reviewed 4 July 2021 via mobile

Booked as a family on arrival shown to our table initial drinks order taken within 10mins and delivered shortly after, food order taken and delivered about 45mins later. All in all most meals were disappointing, chips were dry inside, chicken wings and ribs were awful other meals were mediocre. Asked a waitress if we could order more drinks, 45 mins later still waiting. Landlord totally ignored me when I asked if he could take an order.
As for Covid excuses made on other reviews by the landlady are just that excuses. Landlord has no mask when serving behind the bar or walking around the pub. Serving locals at the bar pretty sure this is against Covid guidelines. To top it off blatant drug dealing/use in front of everyone. Avoid this place is best advice.

1  Thank Stevepearce23
Reviewed 20 June 2021

Father’s Day lunch was not at all tasty , wrong orders delivered. Drinks orders not taken for 20 mins after seated and over an hour wait for lunch to be served . Vegetarian option poor and burnt . Also piece of string found in roast dinner . And the male owner needs to attend charm school and wear a face covering whilst serving . If thinking of going .... I wouldn’t bother

1  Thank B3888ODrobw
Bev C, Owner at The White Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2021

Thank you for your honest review. I can't apologise enough for the errors that lead to your delayed meals.