“Go elsewhere”

Ranked #69 of 179 Restaurants in Lowestoft
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I called three weeks in advance as a party of 11 wished to visit. Great they said would you like balloons and table decorations. Yes please booked table for 7:30pm.
On said night arrived, no decorations. Or balloons. They told me when I asked they had ran out. Sat at table, Sam the waiter seemed ok, took our order. We went to salad bar, poor choice, no tomatoes. As soon as we has taken our selection they cleared everything away. A couple wanted some additional salad, so staff reluctantly got it out again. This was about 8pm.
Order arrived and it was correct and not bad. However, Sam kept pushing us to choose dessert, the atmosphere was dead. We were the only people in there by 8:30pm.
Some of us wanted ice cream factory but it was all cleaned up. However the staff agreed to let them use it, but the ice cream was more like milkshake.
We left about 9:15 pm, it seems they were due to close at 9pm. Maybe they should have told me when I booked. It was a social evening out we did not want to be rushed.
The whole evening felt like we were an inconvenience. Even when we wanted to pay cash it was a problem ! Needless to say we will not be rushing back.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Our first visit here even though im local, and for '£60 snack' id have hoped for alot more.

Very dissapointed is all i can say. Ive given a poor rating, and thought long and hard about it - but its the only option i have. Poor dining experience from start to finish.

Upon entering they had no record of us - even though we rang a few days earlier and booked a table for my sons 18th Birthday. This meant a bit of standing around, and no balloons ready at the table as we'd been promised. Infact it meant no balloons at all. (Good start).

Table we were given hadnt been cleaned properly and had sticky marks from overflowing fizzy drinks glasses all over. (Not getting any better is it.....)

Everyone felt their food (All had Pizza) was a little bland and tasteless, and even my wife who loves her food luke-warm said it was 'almost stone-cold'. I also agree with a previous post about Pizza Hut seemingly skimping on the Cheese-crust filling. We all agreed our local fast food place that sells Pizza would beat the quality we experienced hands-down.

The salad bar was pretty disgusting with salad on the floor, on the unit itself, sauces spilt eveywhere and generally the area looked like it had been attacked by a troup of marauding monkey's. That would have been more acceptable if the place had been choc-a-bloc full and they appeared to be short-staffed and trying hard. But from what i could see the staff had plenty of time to stand around and chat; just no time to clean up. What do you expect with a low-paid young workforce though ? Although in fairness all the salads, coleslaws, and sauces etc tasted fantastic.

The best bit bit was paying and leaving. In the end we couldnt leave quick enough. So desperate were we - we actually upped and left and went elswhere for a sweet.

Never again if we were the hungriest family alive, and this was the last place open on Earth,.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We visited here on a Friday afternoon and all ordered the buffet and unlimited drinks. There was a good choice of pizzas to pick from and if some ran out they were immediately replaced. The salad bar had a nice selection. I especially liked the hot cheesy pasta with green vegetables.
We didn't bother with dessert as we were all too full. The staff were friendly despite being busy.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Always loved pizza hut but lately i feel the its not been as good. I used to be able to peel a big chunk of cheese out of the stuft crust but lately theres been hardly any cheese in or on it an for the money you pay its not good. The menu has improved for choice though.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Well what happened was I went there and there was this person she gave me a menu and then i ordered my burger so i got impatient whilst i was waiting for my cheese buger to arrive and i noticed that they had a salid bar so i took my plate to the salid bar and then i had my salid but secretly i went to the ice-cream factory and filled up my plate with more salid and noone noticed and then i got my burger it was very nice anyway i woul;d come back here