“Great Gastropub”

The Old Bull's Head
Ranked #33 of 268 Restaurants in Loughborough
Price range: US$1 - US$36
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Nestled in Woodhouse Eaves, a pretty English village on the side of Beacon Hill, we are the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Our traditional pub building has been stylishly refurbished making it the ideal place to find a cosy corner and take time out whilst enjoying some of our Chefs seasonal dishes and our great selection of wines, ales and lagers. Inside you will find roaring log fires, comfy armchairs to while away the afternoon and an open bar with a unique dining room. So, whether it be a special celebration, a mid week treat, or an impromptu dinner we are happy to help you arrange the perfect occasion.
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Loved the place. Great atmosphere. Great setting. Friendly staff. Just need more gravy on the Sunday roast!

richardanthony, Guest Experience Manager at The Old Bull's Head, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for your kind comments.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience so much.

We can't wait to welcome you again once more!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

A pleasant welcome but visit went downhill from there. Drink order taken straight away,yet didn't come until starters arrived.

One main, Hamburger and 'twice cooked chips' ordered, was upsold pulled pork. Chips were soggy and odd texture; sent back to be exchanged from fries. No apology. Had a struggle to find any pork whatsoever, asked if it had been missed - was told chef was convinced he had put it on; I looked at the plate and the waiter then said he'd get the manager; felt like I was going to get cross examined - instead he came back and said it would be taken off the bill - but no apology.

A few minutes later the manager came to the empty table next us us and played moving around serviettes - clearly come to see if I had eaten the pulled pork or something - why not just ask me, apologise and make right? You need a better disguise next time you go covert!

Staff lacked any apology for the issues tonight which would have cost them nothing. Better places to go at this price. Disappointing overall and wont be rushing back.

Thank you for your feedback.

I am so sorry that your visit left you disappointed.

I was very surprised to read your comments as guest experience is at the heart of everything we do, I will ensure your comments are fed-back to the team and acted upon.

I hope does not deter you from returning.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I visited the Old Bull's Head with a few friend including some visiting Australians on the evening of Friday 4 th July!

We all had a fun and our Aussie friends said what a good time they had! The food, wine and ambience at The Bull were great and we were waited on by Jade! She's was very attentive, friendly and provided excellent service! All in all, a fun evening!! JW

What a lovely review, thank you.

It is great to see that you and your guests had such a great time whilst at The Old Bull's Head.

Jade will also be delighted with these comments; I will be sure to pass them on.

We can't wait for your next visit.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We arrived at the OB's Head after a long walk in the country during which I suffered an insect bite, arriving at the bar with a fast- swelling hand! The staff were excellent and sorted out ice for it immediately- offered before I asked. Then we had an absolutely lovely meal, served in a friendly but also thoroughly professional manner. The cuisine here has improved dramatically from a few years ago, and the whole place manages to balance "excellence" with "relaxed, laid-back and friendly".
Brilliant. If you haven't been, give it a go.

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback.

Firstly, I was delighted to read that the team were quick to respond when you arrived following an insect bite; I do hope your hand is feeling much better now.

It was also a pleasure to read that the remainder of your visit was so thoroughly enjoyable.

I will ensure the team see your comments, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

we went to the bulls head woodhousd eaves for a fathers day meal wowhow lovelywas our experience! The food was superb the staff very polite and attentive and the decor very tasteful. We shall be telling our friends about this little gem in the countyside

richardanthony, Guest Experience Manager at The Old Bull's Head, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for this lovely review.

It was great to read that you had such a great experience with us.

We look forward to your (and your friends) return visits.