“Just what was needed!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Loughborough
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Just what was needed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

Stayed here for a meeting and didn't really know what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised. Parking was easy, for a start. Check in was swift, efficient and friendly (always reassuring). My room was of a good size with a big bed, well thought out lighting (to read in bed by or to work at the desk) and excellent curtains for a black-out. The bathroom had plenty of towels with an eco-use policy as well as toiletries (rare, I think, in hotels of this class) and a bathtub as well as a shower! I rarely go to hotels on my own these days and a bath feels like a real treat.

Had a drink in the bar - friendly barman - and dinner at the hotel (which was good with swift and helpful service). Thought it might not be as there was a wedding going on at the same time but it was fine. I always have earplugs in so can't comment on the noise level but the room was dark and I slept like a baby. The pillows seemed to suit me and there were lots of them!. Shower was good in the morning (despite, presumably, lots of people having showers at the same time) and a great deal of choice for breakfast. I'm always nervous with breakfast buffets that the quality will be poor and things will be cold but no worries here. With apologies to vegetarians, the sausages deserve particular praise!

I noticed you could use the facilities at Burleigh Court for £10, which might be good if you're staying for any time. There was also a 'spa menu' in the room in case you wanted to go over there.

I really liked it and would certainly go back. I commend them on their questionnaire sent after the break to my email address, encouraging me to think how they could improve or even asking if I wanted a manager to ring me to discuss any aspect of my stay! How many hotels could do with that!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joanne P, Guest Relations Manager at The Link Hotel, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We appreciate your comments, and we are glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

I'm glad you liked the questionnaire sent out to you, as we are continually striving for improvement and we can only do this with our guests feedback.

Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Joanne Pullen - Senior Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

Stayed for one night with my daughter.Room was great,really comfortable and very clean,Bathroom facilities were great too.However, I'm not sure what the construction of the corridor floors consisted of as they were incredibly noisy! It was possible to hear an amplification of every sound outside the door!Having read the reviews of the restaurant, we decided to eat there and not the Harvester next door (which had dreadful reviews). The meal was really disappointing. Our soup was tepid,served with two slices of sliced brown bread instead of the roll advertised! the duck starter was just bad, with a really poor presentation-but having travelled for 31/2 hours ,we were too tired at that stage to complain expecting the main course to be better.The main course was also poor, a sauce which I'd ordered was inedible (when it finally arrived- which was inexcusable as there really weren't many diners in the place!) The gentleman behind the bar was friendly and attentive. A different waitress to the lady who served us, took the cost of the steak off the bill, without me even asking. She apologised for the service-which I think was fair. The receptionist on arrival wasn't the most helpful , but the staff the next morning were really nice!The breakfast was great.
Overall,I would recommend this hotel as a good bed and breakfast experience , particularly for a budget hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Joanne P, Guest Relations Manager at The Link Hotel, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I was sorry to read your experience in our restaurant, I would like to assure you this is not our usual standards, but I was glad to read that our staff were empowered to deduct your steak of your bill.

Thank you for pointing out our great, comfortable, clean rooms. We do have specific quiet rooms, that if you book with us again, if you request this when booking we can do our best to ensure you are allocated one of these rooms.

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

Extensive menu and really good food that was well presented. The young lady who served us was really friendly and attentive whilst giving us time to look through the menu. We were using a voucher but this didn't affect service or food. Will visit again

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joanne P, Guest Relations Manager at The Link Hotel, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It was great to see you enjoyed your experience with us, and that you received great service.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a weekend stay. Our usual hotel was fully booked, and how glad I am now!

The accommodation, food, drinks etc were above our expectations but the Service was as good as I've experienced anywhere and better than most.

It is fair to say that the staff at the hotel from reception, management, bar and restaurant (including the chef) were incredibly friendly, warm and helpful without being pretentious.

Thank you so much for everything!

I must also add that this will be my usual hotel from now on.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joanne P, Guest Relations Manager at The Link Hotel, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

After reading your review, I was also glad that your usual hotel was fully booked, it was great to read your experience with us, and that you are thinking of using us from now on.

As a hotel we aim to make everyones stay and enjoyable, and I was very pleased to see we did this for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

Just had a one night break there, a kgb special price, so was not expecting too much for out little money
But from check in to check out, the staff were excellent, very helpfull and pleasant
The rooms are large, clean with plenty of tea and coffee, large clean bathrooms, and king sized comfy beds
If you can, book bed and breakfast, well worth it, the food was some of the best we have had, with plenty of tea, coffee and juices, again with excellent service from the staff
Would we go again, Yes and will certainly look at using it when flying from East Midlands Airport

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is such a pleasure to read such a fantastic review about our team.

Also thank you for pointing out some of our great attributes of the hotel, large rooms, large beds and great breakfast..

You mentioned in your review that if you were flying from East midlands airport you would use us again, I just wanted to inform you that if you wanted to leave your car here while on holiday, then you are more than welcome to.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future

Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

Very helpful on the telephone when advising of late arrival and subsequently when requesting help as we were were confronted with an unexpected road closure within a couple of miles of the hotel. Reception friendly and curteous, room spacious and comfortable with excellent breakfast to send us on our way the following day.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for leaving your review. We really appreciate people taking the time to leave their feedback.

It was great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that all your needs were meet.

Thirsk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

Truly excellent value for money. Bought a deal on kgb for two nights including dinner on the first night. From entering the hotel until leaving we were made to feel welcome and all the staff were brilliant. Room was clean spacious and comfortable (we did have a larger upgrade). No restriction on what you could have from the dinner menu and a free drink was included with the three course meal. The only slight downside was how quiet the restaurant was, in fact we were the only diners. This rather put us off eating there on the second night despite the food and service being excellent, which is a bit of shame really. Breakfast was equally good with a large choice of hot and cold buffet items. Pleasant bar/lounge area comfortable and well lit. All in all a very good stay and we would happily go back

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

It was a pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us, I apologise for the lack of ambiance, you experience in our restaurant, you are more than welcome to order any of our restaurant meals in our bar area, for your future reference, if this would have made you feel more comfortable.