“Great, relaxing stay”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Loughborough
Chesham, United Kingdom
“Great, relaxing stay”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I have just spent the night at Quorn Country Hotel. This is a lovely quiet hotel, clean, comfortable with friendly polite staff and spacious rooms. Free WiFi works a treat, breakfast is good. Good value. Perfect

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Barcelona
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I am currently lying in bed in this hotel feeling like tearing out my hair. Stayed Wednesday and Thursday nights and despite the impressive architecture and friendly staff, was disappointed by many details such as tired decor in bedrooms, heating off in the sitting room to the suite, finding an old pair of knickers in the less than clean wardrobe, not one clean table for breakfast both days, orders mixed up, utensils missing and a design fault with the kettle that led to my being splashed with boiling water (was anything damaged asked the receptionist, surely she meant was anyone hurt?)... for my sins & because we booked this place so we could attend family wedding, I returned tonight. The Bride actually left from here on Friday and to the member of staff who asked could they have a photo for their brochure, NOT LIKELY.

Upon returning tonight I discovered that they were hosting a wedding of their own. The music is so loud it is reverberating and the radiator is literally vibrating. The wifi is not working. To make it worse, I got into bed to discover, bearing in mind I have a stuffy nose and can't smell much, the odour of the linen was foul. Someone came and knocked on the door, "How are you?" he asked. "I understand there's a problem with one of your towels". Well I wasn't surprised if the receptionist couldn't hear me over the music.

Having understood my problem, the man went away and returned with half a set of fresh linen and started to change the sheets. I asked him when the music ended and he said 12. Well it's quarter past & it's still going on. I did mention that with music this loud it would be a courtesy to mention in advance or even that they shouldn't sell rooms at all. He said they couldn't tell people because of data protection. Have you ever heard such rubbish? I cannot believe this place. If I weren't so completely tired I would leave. As it is, I thought since I clearly won't be sleeping I would share my review.

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank Isobel W
GeneralManagerQuorn, General Manager at Quorn Country Hotel, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback which I have shared with the team. We are a popular wedding venue subjecting the bedrooms to noise until midnight during the weekends. Whilst this is stated on our bedroom confirmations, our website & also on our 3rd party websites, I would like to offer my apologies that you were not aware of this. The housekeeping team pride themselves in their attention to detail and I apologise for the lapse in service during your stay.

Travellers are raving about these Loughborough hotels

Whitstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Have just spent four weeks at the Quorn Country Hotel and found it to be excellent and good value. The rooms are well presented, food excellent and service unobtrusive.
An excellent and professional atmosphere with Laura and her team very efficient, always happy and willing to help.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

A very warm welcome was extend by Jamie and his team which continued throughout our visit. The team are very child friendly and with a 2 & 4 year old in tow that's very important to us. The meal was ok, beef a little overdone for our liking, veggies not very exciting. Puddings were excellent. We really enjoyed our experience in what is a lovely hotel in a beautiful setting with very well maintained grounds.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased that the team made your Sunday lunch an enjoyable experience for all and that you were able to experience our delightful grounds. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

A little escape for one night not too far for us to travel. Nice room, lovely food. It was part of a living social deal for £99, so it really was great value for money. The room was alittle tired looking but very comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Great lunch at the white horse just a few minutes walk from hotel, fantastic food
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed as a family of 2 adults, a toddler and a baby for 2 nights for a wedding. The hotel is of a good standard and we stayed in a junior suite which was good quality for the price. It should be noted however that the junior suites are up a set of very steep stairs and therefore are not ideal for families.

Breakfast was great, especially the cooked breakfast, even if they had run out both days of black pudding.

The quality of the wedding was fantastic and was very impressed by the food. Also had room service curry one evening which was very good.

The staff were very helpful, although it did feel as if they were understaffed at times.

Overall, I would happily dstay here again.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a junior suite if you are a family as the stairs are very steep
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Bought a Groupon voucher for afternoon tea and went with my mum. The staff were very pleasant and I have to say the food was good but nothing amazing.
The downside was that it was set up in a fairly small room that looked like a library but was quite a dark room seeing as it had 2 windows which did not really light up the room sufficiently. All the tables were very close together and you could quite easily hear the conversation from the other tables.
All in all it was an OK experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am pleased to hear that on the whole you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us. The library is one of the original parts of the hotel's 15th century listed building and, whilst this area brings character to our hotel, I can appreciate your comments regarding the lighting. Thank you for your feedback concerning the position of the tables within this area. I have followed this up with the operations team. We do hope you will return in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loughborough
Quorn Grange Hotel
#12 of 12 in Loughborough
The Hunting Lodge
The Hunting Lodge
#8 of 12 in Loughborough

Been to Quorn Country Hotel? Share your experiences!