“nice hotel with old fashioned service”

Quorn Country Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Loughborough
Sudbury, United Kingdom
“nice hotel with old fashioned service”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Whilst the staff on reception were very young they were also very helpful and professional.
The door was opened for me, and checked in very efficiently and the bag was taken to the room.
The food in the restaurant was good but it was a little chilly as we were seated in the conservatory.
I was staying away on business and a hotel like this is a nice change to the corporate chain hotels.
Lovely countryside and looked like a lovely village but unfortunately I did not get to see much of it.

Room Tip: I was on upper floor and it was nice and quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Doodle653
Matthew_McCristal, Manager at Quorn Country Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed it and hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just back from a two night stay at the hotel to attend a friends wedding. Room was very nice but there does not appear to be enough staff working at the hotel. On Friday night we decided to have a few drinks at the bar but there was no staff around. After waiting 20 mins we went to ask reception. Eventually someone came. For breakfast on the Saturday morning we had to wait a little while to order food but when it came it was very nice. Sunday morning breakfast seemed a lot busier. We had to go and ask if we could order after about 20 minutes of been seated then food took about 45 minutes to arrive, we chased this twice. Overall the hotel is nice and staff are very friendly when you can find someone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManagerQuorn, General Manager at Quorn Country Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased that, on the whole, you had a comfortable stay and you found your room nice, the food tasty and the team friendly & helpful. I have passed your comments regarding the level of staff on to the Operations Manager for review and I would like to thank you again for your comments. We hope you will stay with us again soon.
Newcastle
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The rooms were nice, clean, and fully furnished, although they were slightly dated in decoration. I had a huge bed in spacious room. I had Bed/Breakfast and Dinner for £99 which I thought was excellent value.

What can I say about the food, I have stopped at this hotel a few times now on business, and cannot recommend the food enough it is amazing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CraigSnell
Thank you for your recent review. The team and I are delighted that you have once again enjoyed your stay with us and we very much look forward to seeing you again soon.
uk
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights as part of a short break/family wedding. We were initially 'upgraded' to a Suite in the old house part of the hotel. The double bed was quite small, the basin tap didn't work and the room and lounge area was generally tired, with threadbare carpets and generally in need of refurbishment. We asked to move to a twin. This was happily done by the receptionist with no fuss or bother. The new room, although not a suite, was far superior with upgraded decor and up to date bathroom. Our first experience of breakfast was not good, with no brown toast or marmalade available. In fact marmalade only appeared at breakfast on our departure day 5 days later. By then I had bought my own jar, which I made available to other guests. I ordered the cheese and mushroom omelette which frankly was revolting. The feel and atmosphere of the hotel was very nice with reception staff always very friendly and helpful. The public areas were meticulously kept clean everyday by an army of ladies but was let down by unfinished maintenance issues. A large piece of coving remained unattended to all the time we were there. All in all we had a pleasant stay which was really down to the friendly staff.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the Bradgate suite, it's run down and not to the same standard as the othe...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerQuorn, General Manager at Quorn Country Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you found the team friendly and helpful, the public areas kept to a very high standard of cleanliness and that the hotel itself had a nice feel about it. I am pleased that your request to change room was dealt with efficiently and that you enjoyed your twin room. I can confirm that the tap issue has now been fixed and your comments noted with the maintenance team. Your comments regarding breakfast have been passed onto the Operations manager. The team and I very much appreciate our guest's feedback and we do hope you will stay with us again.
Southampton
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Early hours on a Thursday after a dozen calls to reception from 1 am onwards with no answer, I had to go down at 1.50 am and ask when a corporate group at the bar were going to stop playing loud music. I was told they had permission to do so and the hotel had a licence allowing this! After being shown this licence hanging on the wall it clearly stated that it was only till 1 am!! It was gone 2am before finally they stopped! I clearly was unlucky to be staying at the same time as this group but the staff should know their restrictions and also be thinking about other guests not just the group who were spending money behind the bar! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room the other side of the hotel away from the bar area
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mh2111
GeneralManagerQuorn, General Manager at Quorn Country Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that I have been able to discuss your experience directly with you.

Travellers are raving about these Loughborough hotels

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed 1 night for my son and daughter-in-law’s wedding.

Jamie and Rebecca were excellent; they couldn’t do enough for us, nothing was too much trouble for them.

All the staff was polite and friendly, a special thank you to you all.
My room was excellent, very clean and everything I wanted in there

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind words which have been passed onto Jamie, Rebecca and all of the team who were committed to making your son & daughter in laws wedding a special and memorable day for all. The team are passionate about the weddings we host and I am delighted that you have experienced this first hand. We wish the new Mr & Mrs many congratulations and hope to see you all again soon.
Woodhall Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed for one night to check out the hotel our son and future daughter-in-law had chosen for their wedding. We were not disappointed in any way. The room was very well appointed and clean. The food was exceptional value. The staff deserve a special mention who were friendly and attentive.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review and also for visiting us in the run up to your son & future daughter in law's wedding. I am delighted that you all experienced the 4 star service we work hard to achieve, from food, to service, to cleanliness. Your comments have been gratefully received by the team and we all very much look forward to hosting the happy couple's special day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loughborough
Quorn Grange Hotel
#3 of 12 in Loughborough
Premier Inn Loughborough Hotel
Premier Inn Loughborough Hotel
#1 of 12 in Loughborough

Been to Quorn Country Hotel? Share your experiences!