Caravelli with Rooms
The Link Hotel(Loughborough)
Quorn Country Hotel(Loughborough)
The Hunting Lodge(Loughborough)
View Hotel
All reviewsbeaumont roomroll top bathfour poster bedoverlooking the churchtoilet and sinkb bstunning roomgreat italian foodinglenook fireplaceoak beamsoriginal featureshuge roomfull englisha wonderful staytea and coffee facilitiessunday morningcomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We were looking for DB&B in the Loughborough area and found this restaurant with rooms which sounded attractive. It more than lived up to our expectations. It is a very old building, but beautifully restored with attractive spotless rooms. Our room overlooked the old parish church and its grounds and had the feel of a quiet English village (not like the rest of Loughborough) The staff were very pleasant and helpful and the Italian Restaurant served genuine and delicious Italian food with an excellent house wine. The room, meal and wine were all exceptionally good value for the high quality. Our room had quite a small en suite, but was perfectly adequate and very clean.

Room Tip: "Despenser" was very attractive and had good views to the front. It was the smallest and others would be bigger.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I stayed here on business, I did have a little trouble finding the very small car park on the one-way system, but when I rang I was given helpful instructions and told someone would meet me.
The car park is very tight, 3 cars only, then you would be blocking someone in. The staff were very helpful and offered to move their car for me to park up for the night.
My bags were carried to the room, I stayed in the Despencer room. The room was immaculate, clean, well presented and warm. The only down-side to the room was that it was next to the restaurant guests' toilets, so a bit noisy. The shower took a few minutes to warm up but the bathrooms were nice and clean with complementary toiletries.
The bed was nice and comfortable, although if you are looking for an early night and a quite room, the restaurant is open till 10pm so you do get some noise from downstairs and people leaving. After that, it was lovely and quiet.
I ate in the restaurant which was very popular for a week night. The service was very good the food was at a very reasonable price. Had I of checked the 'scores on the doors' first, I would not have booked, so I would like to see a 5 at their next inspection as I think this would deter people from booking.
Breakfast was simple but fresh and the service very good.
A parking sign and reception sign would help guests find their way.

Room Tip: The Despenser room is next to the restaurant guests' toilets.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Spent one night here 27th February. Lovely bedroom - comfortable and well equipped. Enjoyed our walk round Loughborough and then ate in the restaurant at night. The food was good and we enjoyed our evening. Would recommend both the B & B and the restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2013

What an absolute Gem! I don't really want to tell anyone about this but I can't help myself. I stayed in the Despenser room on the 28th Feb 2013 (night before my Wedding) and in the Beaumont room on the 1st March 2013 (with my Wife on our Wedding night). A beautiful, stunning place. Both rooms are lovely but the Beaumont was something else, a wonderful 4 Post bed in a 500 year old room. Large feature fire place, roll top bath to soak away the Champagne.....perfect. I hope we can visit again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We were only staying for one night as attending a birthday party close by. The staff and service were great, nothing too much trouble and it felt like a family run business. The rooms were spacious and comfortable with a big bathroom and nice layout. We ate at the restaurant and can recommend this also as food was great and very reasonable price wise. All in all very good and next time we are in Loughborough this is where we will be staying.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple