“Excellent hotel”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Loughborough Hotel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Loughborough
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Very comfortable new hotel, very friendly/helpful staff and large rooms.
Restaurant was good for both evening meal and breakfast.
Downside is that there is no on-site car park, and you have to use the multi-story across the road. Prices were not discounted, but not too expensive (£6 for full day).

Premier Inn will never get a 5 star rating out of me until:
1) they provide totally free wi-fi (and not their claimed 'free', which is only 30 minutes)
2) provide a free/local main phone number and not their astronomical 10p per minute premium rate number.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Southcoaster88
Manager324, Manager at Premier Inn Loughborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Thank you very much for your great feedback, it is appreciated and has been relayed to the team. We are pleased that you had a good stay and grateful for taking the time to tell others about it.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Staff: I found the staff pleasant and welcoming.

Check-In: We had booked a twin room and I was allocated a double - the process should be efficient enough that you get what you book first time.

Rooms: The first room was a double (see above) which would have been okayish, BUT IT STANK OF TCP - the hotel shouldn't even consider letting this room until that is fixed. The smell was over-powering and was evident in the corridor outside too. So back to check-in and I was allocated a family room on the first floor - this had a double bed; a chaise longue which had been made up into a single bed and a folding bed only long enough for a child. Still not a twin room in my book but it had enough beds. The double bed was hard by anyone's standard and not comfortable.

Noise: The people in the room above stomped around their room from 22:00 to 00:00 until I called reception and asked them to have a word. After that it was relatively quiet from above. All you could hear was the boy-racers in the multi-storey car park opposite revving their engines. That and the passing traffic which didn't stop until about 01:00. Not much the hotel can do about these points but this is not a quiet location.

Breakfast: Okay and what you expect if you pay £8.25 for it.

Car Parking: I don't agree with other reviews. This is neither convenient nor good value. Frankly the hotel need to do a deal with the car park and get this fixed. I attach a pic of the tariff board for the Southfield car park (10 metres from the hotel) and the Beehive Lane car park (about 30 metres from the hotel and loved by boy racers...). Frankly do you want to have to go down at 06:00 to buy a car park ticket for the day? No, I thought not - you would rather be in bed.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the main road.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager324, Manager at Premier Inn Loughborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Thank you very much for your comments and feedback. I am extremely disappointed that you had a less than satisfactory experience whilst at Loughborough Premier Inn. Rest assured that I am looking into the issues that you raised regarding the car park, however, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel should you require any further information.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

This is the fourth time my wife and I have stayed at a Premiere Inn and following our previous good experiences, we decided to stay once again on our visit to Loughborough. But the first time at this particular one.

On this visit we stayed for one night only and the staff were absolutely outstanding. We arrived before the normal check in time and the friendly receptionist said it was no problem and checked us straight away.

As normal, room were of a good standard for a budget hotel. The large king size double bed was really comfortable and we both we had a good night sleep during this visit. Tea and coffee facilities in room in room and if you wanted additional supplies, receptionists only too willing to give you what ever you required.

The only thing which spoilt our visit for was the quality of steak I had in the restaurant for our evening meal. I have never come across a sirloin steak so tough in my life and was completely inedible. They restaurant manager offered to cook another one, but I declined the offer as my wife would have finished her meal by the time they had cooked it. In the end we got a full refund for the steak without asking for one. I would advice anyone who likes sirloin steaks to avoid them in this restaurant.

Car parking in the public car park across the road cost us £3.60 for 16 hours. As usual a bonus was the offer of 30 minutes free Internet and only £3 for up to 24 hours access.

We would use this hotel again, but would not order steaks from the menu on future visits.

1  Thank Sylbain

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, your feedback is very much appreciated and has been relayed to the team. I have also taken on board your feedback regarding your experience in our restaurant, please accept my sincere apologies for the quality of the food that you were served and rest assured that this has now been highlighted to our suppliers.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

We booked this hotel for convenience as it was near to prestwold race track, 10min drive away my husband had a 'driving experience gift'. The hotel was spotlessly clean, nicely furnished and very comfortable. We were a 5 min walk from the shopping mall with a good selection of shops & many pubs and restaurants. The actual location was quiet with easy parking across the road in a pay & display carpark which was not overly expensive.
Staff were very polite and helpful. We ate in the restaurant the 1st evening and were pleasantly pleased with the quality of the food.. compliments to the chef :-) I would recommend including breakfast as this was sooo good, wide selection & choice. Excellent. I would definately stay here again. Also if you venture into the town TRY the cheescake shop.. LUSH..

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor- lifts available- quiet area.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Loughborough Premier Inn. I am really grateful for your feedback and will ensure that all the relevant team are made aware of your comments.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay. Can't fault it. Staff & Service very friendly yet professional. Room & bathroom spotlessly clean. Bed SO comfortable. Restaurant food & service was first class - had both breakfast & dinner there both days. No hesitation in recommending! First Class!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Shelagh F

Thank you very much for your review. Myself and the team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Loughborough Premier Inn.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

This is the first visit here and stayed with other members of my family for 2 nights. I cannot praise the hotel enough. The rooms were spotlessly clean, quiet, airy and very comfortable - everything you need. I particularly liked the fact that the volume on the TV was limited so that you couldn't disturb others and others couldn't disturb you, more to the point! The staff are really obliging and friendly. We ate in the restaurant both for breakfast and in the evening. The buffet breakfast is really good with something to appeal to everyone's taste and excellent value. The evening menu is also well cooked and appealing. All in all, a very comfortable experience - one which I would have no hesitation in recommending.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Thank you for your comments, our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as they strive to give all our guests a high level of service. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

We stayed here as, like Martha Jane B we were only in Loughborough for the one night and did not want to spend too much money. The hotel staff were friendly, the food good and extremely well cooked (breakfast was fantastic) and the room was bright, clean and comfortable. The one thing that stood out for me was the fact that the room was bright. You could see to put on your makeup and do your hair. Most hotels these days don't look any different AFTER you put the all the lights in the room on. There was a lovely backlit mirror in the room, not in the bathroom where it would get steamed up after a bath or shower. Other hotels take note please.

Most pleasantly surprised by our first stay at a Premier Inn and would definitely use them again - especially at £29 for the room!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Loughborough Premier Inn. We look forward to your next visit.