“Almost all good”
Review of Burleigh Court

Burleigh Court
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Loughborough
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was quite pleased with my stay at this hotel, which I stayed in when I attended a course for several days last week.
I am a disabled guy who uses a wheelchair, so some of my views are based on special needs that causes, when I can assist other disabled people assess if this hotel is for them I will.
Staff
Without exception they were pleasant and keen to assist without ever making me feel they were over the top. The restaurant staff was charming, willing to help when I needed it (for example moving chairs or carrying plates) and all the staff who I met were five star.
Food & Drink
Sometimes the food was exceptional, almost always fine and one meal was disappointing.
I cannot drink alcohol because it does not agree with medication but for once I was quite relieved – a SMALL glass of wine over £5! The coffee in the restaurant was disappointing, it almost always had a strong bitter taste. From the machines it was fine and the hot chocolate was outstanding.
Bedroom
Fairly small but everything needed was there, including a full wetroom with several grab rails, all well placed. My main complaint would be that the wetroom lived up to its name, at the end of a shower, almost the whole room was one big lake – that should be improved on.
The bed was not great, but that might have been my problems that caused that
Conclusion
A pleasant stay in a pleasant hotel. Not perfect but I would be more than happy to return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank josiow
Guy H, General Manager at Burleigh Court, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback and comments which are very helpful and most appreciated. Our apologies for the not so good bits and we will be sure to work on the points you have raised. We are pleased that you will return again and are grateful that you have taken the time and trouble to post this review.

Guy Hoge

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed here on a business trip, after a long drive, which was booked by a travel agent. I was put in a room in the lodge which was very noisy and not to the standard of the rest of the hotel. The bar meal and breakfast were excellent and the staff were helpful. The room was small and in need of some decoration and new flooring. If you want a good nights sleep I would avoid the lodge. If I had been made aware of the comments from other guest regarding the lodge I would not have booked this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the lodge
2  Thank Graham M

Dear Graham

Thank you for feedback and comments which are most helpful.We appreciate the postive spin on your stay despite the disappointment of your lodge room and our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. If you do visit us again please call me ahead of your arrival and I will ensure you are allocated a quiet room for your stay.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My boyfriend and I wanted a night away. After booking I rang the hotel to double check that we were definitely booked in. I spoke to a lovely lady and she made me feel welcome just by the phone call! (FYI: We booked a suite).

Upon arrival we were greeted by very friendly ladies at reception, they were very helpful and happy and provided us with all the information that we needed to know. Plus any questions I asked were answered swiftly with no hesitation.

I agree with 'Balj' :

''There is a line between being friendly and overbearing and the staff got it spot on.''

Our room was beautiful! I am an absolute clean freak and can honestly say the room was SPOTLESS. The bathroom especially!

They had given us plenty of refreshments: different tea flavours, coffee, cookies, muffins, sweets and two bottles of fresh bottled water. We couldn't help but get excited over the room layout and the fact that we had two flat screens, brilliant FREE wifi connection, a comfy little sofa, a balcony etc. Our bed was huge, and our pillows were so comfortable, they even had a pillow menu so that we could request feather pillows, special triangle shaped pillows for neck support etc.

Normally in hotels I have to adjust the thermostat because it's either way to hot or cold, that wasn't the case here.

Within about an hour we decided to head off to the pool area.
As we approached the spa/leisure area we were greeted by a guy who gave us our towels and told us to help ourselves to more if need be, where to put them when we're done and again, just relevant information.

As we were chatting I noticed a lot of nail / beauty products around. Although the guy we were speaking with looked very masculine, I asked him which treatments they offered (stereotypically expecting him to haul through documents or ask for assistance from one of the therapists). This was not the case, he provided me on the spot with all of the treatments offered, names of all of the specific high end products used and when the next appointments are available, all within about 30 seconds!

Anyway, I was a bit worried that the pool area was going to be full of people but it wasn't! We had the whole leisure centre to ourselves! The sauna and steam room were lovely and the pool was lovely and warm, as well as the Jacuzzi.

Because of the experience we had so far, our expectations were set really high for dinner. We were expecting to pay a lot of money for our meal so at around 9 we headed down to the bar and restaurant area.

We went to the bar for a drink before eating and spoke to some lovely, friendly guys at the bar. The told us that they had a bar menu, a restaurant menu and a special valentines menu. They provided us with all of the menu's. One of the guys must of over heard me saying to my boyfriend that I'd quite like to sit in the bar area rather than the restaurant, and watch celebrity juice on the television while I eat ( haha ). He then said that if we would like something from the restaurant menu, he will ask the chef to bring it out to the bar area for us, just to make us a bit more comfortable. I was pleased that they offered this, however we quite liked the options given on the bar menu and stuck with that.

The bar area was very spacious, we sat in the far end so we could have some privacy and watch television. My boyfriend ordered the Ribs, Cajun chicken, Corn on the cob and hand cut chips for £14 and I had the half rack of ribs with hand cut chips for £9. We were very happy with the prices as they should be a lot higher for the quality of the food which was provided. Delicious!

After a lovely dinner and drinks we headed back up to the room. Walking back in after a swim and a meal felt lovely and I couldn't wait to relax some more. The bath was a deep P shaped bath which filled up quickly and the Beehive bath bubbles smelt gorgeous.

The next morning we were up early for the breakfast. I had a lovely shower which was very powerful and I was able to have it hot (a couple of occasions I've been in hotels with showers which aren't hot enough) which I was happy about. Our breakfast was a lovely buffet, we were greeted by Amy who was very kind and helpful. We had a huge range of pastries, fruit and traditional english breakfast things. The juice and tea were very refreshing also.

We were a bit sad to leave to be honest, and wish we'd booked a couple of nights rather than just the one. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: We have only stayed in a suite so far, i'm sure all of the rooms are just as good.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hgaaa1475

Fabulous review thank you. Valuable feedback indeed and some really helpfull comments which are much appreciated. We are grateful that you have taken the time to post such a detailed account of your stay.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

The staff were very helpful and pleasant. Room was small but had a good size desk and powerful shower. Restaurant menu was a bit disappointing, but Bar and Room Service menus offered everything I needed. Will stay again next time I'm in the area and have already recommended it to colleagues.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul H

Dear Paul

Thank you for your feedback and comments. Our spring menu has been introduced since your stay and we have been getting some great reviews from guests about it. Hopefully along with our choice of daily changing specials we will be able to tempt you into the restaurant when you next stay.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel just to get away from things for a night to celebrate our anniversary.

My initial correspondence with the hotel via email was pleasant enough and I had asked for a few extra touches to the room just to make it a little bit more special for us. When we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff. There is a line between being friendly and overbearing and the staff got it spot on. We were given necessary information about breakfast and pool times etc.

When we got to the room, we were very pleasantly surprised. Over emails I had arranged an upgrade to the room with some juice and fruit bowl on arrival. The juice was the best orange juice I've ever had, so fresh and the perfect temp; not to cold. The fruit was arranged nicely and looked appetising. The room was spotless and well made. The tea and coffee tray came with chocolate and cookies and there were many types of herbal tea with a note saying that there are more types available if you wish. The bed was huge and came with a 'pillow menu', the bathroom was spotless and came with some lovely Bee Kind toiletries. We also had dressing robes and slippers. On the bed was an arrangement of heart-shaped chocolates surrounded by love heart sweets and this was all enclosed in a towel arranged in a heart. It was nice they did this even though it wasn't specifically asked for. It is refreshing that an establishment had obviously carried out some requests but taken it further without the need to ask for it.

We went to the bar for a drink before heading out for dinner and again staff were lovely but not over bearing. The bar area was nice to sit in and relax. There was a sign for a 50th birthday party to go on in the next room and I did remark with my fellow guest that I'd be more than happy to hold a function here myself! We went to town for dinner as this had already been pre arranged but after a perusal of the menu we would have had no problem eating there. In fact I think we might go back just for dinner as it is fairly local to us.

The next morning we had breakfast which was delicious. I wish I could have eaten more; it wasn't for lack of wanting, I was so full!

The leisure facilities were also great, and the women's changing room had individual showers and a hair dryer along with wet-kit bags.

Overall, we had a very pleasant stay. In addition, the room upgrade and extra were just an additional £20 (inc. vat). Really worth it :-)

Room Tip: We have stayed in both regular and superior rooms; they are both excellent and the superior rooms ar...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Balj
Guy H, General Manager at Burleigh Court, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Balj

Thank you so much for your feedback and comments which are most appreciated. Your review was discussed in detail with the team this morning as it is such a great example of how small touches often make the biggest impressions. We are thrilled that you had such a great experience at Burleigh and grateful for taking the time to recount it in such detail on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed here while working in Loughborough. The hotel is situated on the University Campus and not far from town. This is the second time I'd stayed here and haven't experienced any issues as a result of it being on campus. This time I stayed I was unable to book an executive room and had a single occupancy room in the Lodge instead. The room was nice enough, but very small and the bed was a bit to firm for my liking. I struggled to sleep as the raidiator was banging most of the night and sounded like it needed bleeding. The excutive room I stayed in last time was much larger and didn't have the same issues with the radiators. Definitely worth paying extra for a nice

I visited the pool while I was there and it was very nice and had it to my self so could get a decent swim in.

My colleagues and I ate in the hotel restaurant in the eveneing and the food was really good but the services was rather slow, think we where waiting almost an hour from ordering

Room Tip: Single occupancy rooms tend to be in the lodge which is noiser and smaller, better off paying for th...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Guy H, General Manager at Burleigh Court, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Ross

Thank you for your feedback which is helpful and most appreciated. Our sincere apologies for the banging radiator and wait in the restaurant. Unfortunatley without a date it is a little difficult to investigate but I will ensure your comments are passed back to the team. We are grateful for the review and your general endorsement and hope you will visit us again sometime.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Astonished at how good this was! Came here for a 3 day training course.

Bedroom was small but functional with a reasonable shower.

Didn't use the gym or pool or other health facilities, but those who did said they were good.

Particularly impressed by the staff - friendly, helpful, responsive, from reception to restaurant and everywhere in between - staff even hunted down a mattress topper as the bed was a bit too hard for me (I have a bad back, so that isn't a commentary on the beds generally), which I really appreciated.

Understand that the bar was a bit pricy, but I also very impressed by the food - really high quality and plenty of it - way beyond my expectations.

No hesitation in recommending Burleigh Court - good stuff!

Dear Ben

Thank you for your feedback which is very helpful and most appreciated. We are thrilled that you had such agreat experience and we exceeded your expectations. Your kind words regarding the staff will be well received by the team. We are grateful for the review and hope you will be able to return again sometime soon.

Giuy Hodge