“Good facilities with lovely food!”
Review of Burleigh Court

Burleigh Court
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Loughborough
“Good facilities with lovely food!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I was visiting as part of a residential 3 day training course. The room was spacious and clean although not particularly exciting!
The food was excellent - every meal was a pleasure!
The leisure facilities were a nice extra, with gym, pool, sauna and steam room!
I hope all of my courses are held here!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Guy H, General Manager at Burleigh Court, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Jennifer

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to post this review. Your feedback and comments will be relayed to the team and I know will be very much appreciated. Lets hope your company chooses to return to us in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here twice,the hotel is very clean,the rooms are beautiful
The staff are really helpful and polite,the breakfast is amazing and the staff are only to happy to fetch you anything you need,

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Guy H, General Manager at Burleigh Court, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Peggy

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to post this review. Your comments and feedback will be relayed to the team and I know they will be very much appreciated. We are grateful you chose to stay with us for a second time and hope you will make it three sometime soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed here as I was attending a race day at Prestwold. Was a fab location, situated on the grounds of the university. The room was comfortable, and nicely decorated. We stayed for 2 nights which included breakfast. We arrived late on the Sat, however, the staff were very accommodating and didn't seem to mind. We had to wait on the Sunday for a table, & I wasn't overly happy with the positing of the where we were sitting, felt very open and was a general walk way around the room, however, cannot fault the breakfast. We had to gain attention on both mornings, and ask for hot drinks.
The hotel staff were extremely friendly and were very genuine with it! I would certainly stay again & would recommend to families, couples, and those on business!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Milly

Thank you so much for your feedback and comments which are most appreciated. Sunday morning breakfast was a particulalry busy one this last weekend with 270 residents and the majority of guests dining in the last hour. Despite opening earlier and encouraging people down unfortuntely catering for over 200 guests in an hour presents it challenges and queues, delays and lack of table choice is an issue. Overall though I am pleased that you had a positive experience and we are grateful that you have taken the time and trouble to post this review.

Chandlers Ford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I booked my room through Expedia and at no point was I made aware that the room I was booking was not part of the main 4* hotel. I also didn't realize it was part of the University and therefore on campus. That being said it was fine for the money I paid.
The receptionists were all very polite and friendly. The room reminded me of student lodgings and after reading the literature in the room I realized that is exactly what they are, old student accommodation turned into budget lodgings.
It was a way to walk from reception to the building the room was in and my friend asked if I felt I would be safe returning later. I assured her I would and when we left for the evening we realized that if you turn left into the car park as you approach the front of the main hotel you can access this building directly rather than having to walk all the way through the main hotel, something which could be pointed out by the staff when checking in.
The room itself was small but had everything you could need. It was quiet and clean which for me are the two main things. When I did return later that night I did feel slightly uneasy and I would have preferred for there to be a safety chain on the door. Great shower in the bathroom though.
If I was returning I would happily book again knowing what to expect. And I would give it 4/5, I've knocked a point off because I wasn't made aware of the type of accommodation I was getting and for the lack of safety chain on the door.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Guy H, General Manager at Burleigh Court, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback and comments which are useful and much appreciated. Unfortunately if you book through third party internet sites the information on your chosen hotel is often sketchy. I would always encourage you to follow the link to the hotels main website (often provided) to get the full story. We are very clear about he difference between our four star accommodation and our lodge rooms. On a positive note though, despite the mismatched expectation, you seemed to be pleased with the room and will hopefully return to see us again soon. Don't forget your costume or gym kit and make the most of our leisure centre which is certainly unique addition to any budget accommodation stay.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Heard about this place from a friend & decided to visit.

Could not have wished for anything better.
Clean, modern & all Staff very well presented...have mentioned this place to other family members 7 have decided will use again.
Keep up the good work.......

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Peter

Wow, thank you so much for such a positive review and our first maximm score for a while which always goes down well with the team. Your feedback and 'jewel' reference is much appreciated and we are most grateful for your endorment and taking the time to post this review.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Burleigh Court twice now. Our first visit was many years ago; our second last weekend. We deliberately booked this hotel based on the experiences of the first visit. We were not disappointed. The hotel is clean, modern, comfortable. The reception staff were welcoming and friendly. Our executive bedroom was spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the bed linen crisp. The range of food for breakfast was very good and all looked fresh and appetising. If we return to Loughborough again we will definitely stay in Burleigh Court.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tracy

Thank you so much for your feedback and choosing to stay with us for a second time. We are most grateful that you have taken the time to post this review and for your endorsment on Trip Advisor. Lets hope you make it three and we will certainly look forward to you your return.

Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was recently at Loughborough University to visit my daughter for 3 days. This was ideal for me. Its well located in the campus as well as commuting to town and back was pretty straightforward. Good rooms, great staff and very good food too. Felt safe and comfortable in the lively, yet peaceful surroundings. Will certainly be back there if I visit campus again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Debjani2014
Dear Debjan

Thank you for your feedback which is most welcome and much appreciated. We are thrilled that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and look forward to your return in the near future. Don't forget that when booking on our special rates for visiting parents your daughter is able to join you free for breakfast.