“Great location if you are visiting the university”
Review of Burleigh Court

Burleigh Court
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Loughborough
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights between visits to Nottingham and Loughborough university, so for us it was perfectly located.The room was clean but small, dark and poorly lit. The bathroom was small but clean. Breakfast was good. Staff friendly and helpful. It has an odd feel to it, it's like staying in a room above a leisure centre.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Well_travelled_Dad
Guy H, General Manager at Burleigh Court, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback and comments which are much appreciated. I am most interrested to read your comments about the 'dark and poorly lit room' as I believe lighting in our rooms is generally very good. Unfortunately without a room number I am unable to investigate. My apologies for what seemed like a disappointing stay.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed here for one night on business. I was travelling alone. On arrival it took quite some time for the receptionist to find my booking. My room was clean, comfortable and functional. However, the light from the window was obstructed by a large plant outside. I used the swimming pool. Sadly the pool area is very much in need of some refurbishment. As a female, I don't feel comfortable sitting in bars or restaurants alone so usually order room service when away from home. I rang room service and waited 10 minutes for an answer. I was then told that I could only have sandwiches for dinner as the football was on so they were running a barbecue. My option was this or the main restaurant. In the restaurant I was then advised that I should really have a starter as the food would be quite a while. The wine is also ridiculously expensive. While in the the restaurant there was another customer behaving very oddly and aggressively. This didn't trouble me but may have felt intimidating to other lone female travellers. All the more reason why room service should be prioritised over football. Don't get me wrong, I like football but surely customers should come first in a hotel . The food is over priced also. The staff in the restaurant were brilliant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Iona

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments which are most appreciated. It would seem that we got our wires crossed as room service should have been unaffected by the BBQ. It was just the bar menu which was temporarily unavailable. I will ensure your comments are relayed to those concerend and my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel as it was the closest one available to attend a gig in Leicester and a bit dissapointed when we arrived .. It was a lot of travelling to find it as it's only accessible by bus as it's actually on the uni campus, otherwise a taxi is around £10 from the station! With us using it to commute to Leicester, we ended up spending a fortune on travel for 2 days. We arrived earlier than check in and were given no options whatsoever to pay extra etc despite having informed them we were arriving early. We had to wait in the hall for 4 hours!! Couldn't even go anywhere else in the meantime as there aren't even any local shops/coffee shops. The room itself was nice and clean and the bed was pretty comfy after a long day! I wouldn't really recommend it other than if you simply need a hotel in the middle of nowhere or if you had a car!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lorraine

Thank you for your feedback and comments. Location is one of our great attributes as we are closely situated to the motorway, train station and East Midlands airport. Unfortunately not great for a late night concert in Leicester if you don't have your own transport. Unlike most hotels in the area and thanks to our university location we also enjoy an excellent bus service from the station.

Guiy Hodge

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed at Burleigh Court for 1 night as we were going to a wedding.

We were greeted and made to feel very welcome by a lovely lady called Giulia, who showed us to our room and ensured we were settled in. We were impressed with her customer service.

The room itself was clean and comfortable, with a large bed, lots of storage space and good facilities.

The breakfast buffet was also great -- with a wide choice of hot and cold food and drink options.

We would definitely return to the hotel again if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lara and David

Thank you so much for your feedback and comments which are most appreciated. We are pleased you had such a great stay with us and grateful that you have taken the time to post this review.

OIperations Manager

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Used this Hotel for 1 night business stay in May 2014. Arrived around 8PM and was booked in by friendly lady. Quite a trek to find the actual bedrooms which are not well signposted. After going through 2 sets of key operated security doors finally arrived at my room which can only be described as "very compact" or more commonly referred to as "couldn't swing a cat". The shower-room was worse and is the smallest ever I had ever been in. It felt very claustrophobic.
Made my way over to the restaurant which served up a decent array of food but quite expensive. Be prepared for a shock if you order a glass of wine, £9.00 for a very average French sauvignon blanc. I can buy a bottle of high quality SB for much less. Breakfast was excellent and made up for a rather disappointing evening

Room Tip: ask for a large room and watch the reaction of the staff !
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank BRICARScotland

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments which are very much appreciated. I am sorry you were disappointed with your experience. You were in one of our Lodge rooms which are sold as a budget alternative to our 4 star accommodation. You will though have used our four star facilities for your drinks and food and will of course been paying 4 star prices.The 250ml glass of wine you have mentioned is competitively priced for our market. We are grateful that you have taken the time and trouble to post this review.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed two nights here for a work-related event. As it is a conference centre, and on a university campus, I was a bit sceptical about the claim that it provided four-star hotel facilities. However, my room was modern, pleasantly furnished, clean and well-equipped (including TV, tea/coffee making, safe and free wi-fi). Overall, I was impressed by the quality of the room, and would agree that it was comparable to a four star hotel (OK, not the best four-star hotel I’ve stayed in, but not the worst either!) Breakfast and evening meal were also a good quality, and all the staff I encountered were pleasant and helpful. The conference facilities were very good, and there was ample complimentary car-parking.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MrsABear

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments which are very much appreciated. We are pleased to have exceeded your expectations as a four star hotel and are extremely proud of the fact that we are currently the England Excellence 'large hotel' of the year, an accolade we picked up at up at the national awards last month. We are grateful that you have taken the time and trouble to post this review.

Operations Mmanager

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed for two nights while attending a wedding near by. Reception service was excellent very helpful and informative. The room on the second floor was of a good size and spotless. The bed was large and comfortable. Plenty of hangars in the wardrobe and lots of storage space. Bathroom also spotless with power shower and lots of shampoos etc. Hairdryer tea and coffee in room with cookies.
Breakfast was plentiful but not as hot as I would like it.
Leisure centre and swimming pool looked excellent but did not have time to use.
Drink and eating in looked a bit pricey. Would not serve coffee in bar after 10 for some reason

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback and comments which are most appreciated. Our lounge menu is served daily from 10am to 10pm but coffee should still be avaiable after then so I will ensure your experience is relayed to those concerned and my apologies for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your review.