Lowest prices for your stay
£81
Hotels.com
AUKTourist
North East England, United Kingdom

Poor service, food due to renovation work

Review of Burleigh Court
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Mar 2024via mobile
Unfortunately, there is renovation work in progress. My experience was just awful, staff who appeared not to know what was happening. Dreadful, cold and miserable meal offerings! Icy cold beans for breakfast, the list is endless. It might be wonderful in December 2024 but honestly it should have shutdown its operations until then. I simply don’t want to go back!
Date of stay: March 2024
Room Tip: Don’t go!
Michael Hart, General Manager at Burleigh Court, responded to this review
Responded 12 Mar 2024
Good Morning , Thank you for staying with us at Burleigh Court Hotel. Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear you didnt enjoy your stay with us. Could we please arrange a call to discuss your stay. M.i.hart@lboro.ac.uk .

£52
1.6 miles from Burleigh Court
    £64
1.7 miles from Burleigh Court
Free parking
one of our recently refurbished rooms
    £86
3.7 miles from Burleigh Court
    £54
3.4 miles from Burleigh Court
    £90
4.0 miles from Burleigh Court
View more hotels in Loughborough
1,316 results
All reviews university campus leisure facilities steam room pool and gym training course good size bar menu executive room fresh fruit business trip biscuits evening meal bar area excellent breakfast visiting loughborough stayed for one night plenty of parking
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 March 2024

We stayed at the Burleigh Court for a business conference at the end of February and I booked an extra night before to allow for travelling up and preparation for the early start the next day. I was most disappointed with the nights sleep as the heating came on and off through out the night many times, and on the plus side the room was beautifully quite, on the negative the noise of the heating woke me up 3 times in the night,

Furthermore, I realise that the refurbishment was going on and the staff were doing the best they could. However, when booking we were not aware of the massive refurbishment and the costs did not reflect this at all. Plus, my experience of the food overall was not to the quality one would expect from a four star hotel. In fact a college refectory was more the level and quality of the food. Again it would have been better to give us an advance warning then we could have made other arrangements.

The manager and his staff did work very hard, but overall I do feel my experience was not a good one and would consider hard before visiting and staying again.

1  Thank martinarthur2024
Michael Hart, General Manager at Burleigh Court, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2024

Good Morning Martin, Thank you for staying with us at Burleigh Court Hotel. Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your full stay with us. We are communicating with our guests when reservations are made and communicating on our website, so I am very sorry if you have not seen this. We will look into your comments regarding your food but please be assured all our food offering is from our standard menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Mike.

Reviewed 4 March 2024

Reception staff seemed half asleep. Confusing information, especially around the restaurant. £34 for the buffet! Which wasn't really a buffet, as chef served the food, well apart from the mixed veg and wedges. Hopefully the rooms will be upgraded as part of the refurbishment. My room was very shabby, dirty nets, and bathroom wasn't that clean. Paint falling off the bathroom door. Also, there was a random pair of socks on the floor when I arrived. Well done cleaners! Only gets a 3 because of the restaurant and bar staff. Disappointing!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Good Morning Mark, Thank you for staying with us at Burleigh Court Hotel. Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your full stay with us. We are communicating with our guests when reservations are made and communicating on our website, so I am very sorry if you have not seen this. We will look into your comments regarding your food but please be assured all our food offering is from our standard menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We are giving our guests the option to purchase one to three courses and the pricing does reflect this. We will certainly look into your comments regarding your bedroom, my apologies.

Mike.

Reviewed 2 March 2024

The hotel started a huge renovation works the day i arrived for a 3 day training course. Whilst i was not disturbed by the noise, there was plastic sheeting over the carpet in some of the area's leading to the bedrooms.

Some of the meal choices for the evening meal were limited to meat and carbs, but did not have accompanying vegetables i.e Sausage and mash was just that, with onion gravy. No peas, carrots or the like.

I tried to contact room service and reception using the in room telephones, but the numbers on room literature, had been decommissioned, and were not in use.

When i had made my booking several months prior to the course, i stipulated that i would have difficulty using stairs, but i had been allocated a room upstairs and the lift was out of service. I had to push quite hard to be changed to a ground floor room. I was assured that the new room, whilst being twin bedded for the first night, would be altered the following day to be a king size bed. This was not done, and i ended up moving the beds and side tables to enable the beds to be pushed together.

I noticed that people who had managed to order room service, had their trays after use, out side the rooms, for a number of days without being cleared. Which was not pleasant to walk past several times per day.

Rooms were cleaned daily, and the standard of the rooms were very nice. The restaurant serving and waiting staff were very pleasant, but the overall experience was disappointing.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good Morning Tina, Thank you for staying with us at Burleigh Court Hotel. Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your full stay with us. I do hope you enjoyed your breakfast lunch and dinner and refreshments that were a part of your conference stay with us . We are certainly making sure all packages and offerings are the same, they just maybe look a little different or served in a different room. Our team are always on hand to help so please just ask and we will come and look after you.

Thank you for your feedback, Tina. We hope to see you again at Burleigh Court where we can show you around our new hotel.

Reviewed 2 March 2024

I paid £179.00 for 1 night room only and stayed in Room 11 which is just off the main lobby area and there are no doors separating the area so when area when a load of guests retuned from their night out at 12.30 and decided to stand in the lobby chat chatting laughing etc then I could hear every word that was said. Give it 5 mins I thought and they will disperse or the hotel staff will have enough sense to move them on. Not a chance the noise went on and on and I had to phone reception and tell the staff to move them.

All in all it is an over priced conference centre and if you want a good nights sleep then i suggest you use the Premier Inn in the middle of Loughborough and use the money you have saved to have a really good meal and still have money left over

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good Morning, Thank you for staying with us at Burleigh Court Hotel. Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your full stay with us. I can completely understand your frustration with hotel guests coming back to the hotel and making some noise. I do apologise here. I do hope you got to enjoy your breakfast and leisure and spa before you returned home .

We do hope to see you again very soon at Burleigh Court hotel where we can show you around our new hotel.

Reviewed 28 February 2024

We had a terrible night's sleep, rooms were not soundproof, many students stayed at the hotel and some chose to play very loud music through the night, had to ask the front desk to please help at nearly 3 am

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello,

Thank you for satying with us at Burleigh Court Hotel. I am very sorry to hear your full stay wasnt as enjoyable as it should have been. I do hope you mamaged to enjoy all out facilities and relax during your visit with us.
We do look forward to welcoming you back again very soon