“Very good variance and constant problem changing - im challenged every single week.”

The Climbing Station
More attraction details
Owner description: The Climbing Station is a bouldering centre in Loughborough run for climbers, by climbers. We know what makes a great indoor-climbing experience and we put 100% into making sure that you'll have an amazing day. We have over 800sqm of bouldering surface, covering almost every angle that you can possibly think of. We also have a top rope wall that can be used by both kids and adults to learn the basics of roped climbing. As we are only a 3 minute drive from the centre of Loughborough, and less than a 10 minute drive from the M1, a large portion of our site is dedicated to secure parking. Bike racks are also available.
Loughborough, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I go weekly here as it is my local climbing wall - I got into climbing about 2 years ago and use a once-a-week climbing session to replace a gym session to switch it up.
The climbing station has an impressive amount of problems to have a bash at, and since I have been going here since I started climbing, I can personally say that the problems ease up in difficulty very nicely so that they naturally progress throughout difficulties.

The thing I love most about the climbing station is that they are forever changing not only the problems, but the walls themselves with new volume blocks being changed constantly. Its brilliant, and means that every week I go there, there is a new challenge that will catch my eye or something.

So for anyone who is thinking on having a bash at bouldering, give the climbing station a go - whilst it may seem expensive, you very easily find yourself coming back. And for the elites amongst you, this place has some ridiculous looking problems when moving to the higher levels or their infamous "wooden wall of death".

There is also a nice little fitness area including a pullup bar and 3 beastmakers, along with crusher holds which are all great for helping me progress. I always use the little gym area at the end of every session.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Action_Jacks0n

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Decent climbing wall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

A very interesting establishment ever since I left my uni days back in Loughborough. They have a range of difficulties for climbers for all different levels from beginners to hardcore climber. Would recommend anyone who loves climbing give it a go. For people who are more interested in ropes - lead or top rope there is only a small section where you can do that, this place caters mostly for boulderers.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jian Shen L
Leicestershire
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“For those serious about getting in to climbing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

My son age 8 first visited as a friends birthday party (top rope and bouldering) and has been pestering for a return visit. The staff are very pleasant, he had an excellent first session with the Gibbon club last weekend, bouldering and top rope. I think we may have found a sport he likes!

Booking is essential for those wanting classes.

Visited March 2014
Loughborough, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Top notch bouldering!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

One of, if not, the best bouldering wall I've ever been to! The routes are set fantastically well with something for everyone; from absolute beginner to Team GB standard. Routes are reset really regularly too and there's plenty to go round so you're never waiting to climb. Also dedicated circuits room, campus boards, pull up bars, top roping wall (mostly for the kids), dedicated kids bouldering area, and a nice cafe area where you can watch the action too. Great atmosphere, superb staff and legendary tiffin. What more could you want?! I absolutely love it.

Visited December 2013
Toulouse, France
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great bouldering place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

This is a great place for bouldering, there are plenty of routes, all levels and the staff and climbers are very friendly!

Visited February 2014