“Not always quite up to scratch but love it there”

Peter and That's Enough
Ranked #19 of 254 Restaurants in Loughborough
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An uber-cool Wood oven Pizzeria in Loughborough, keeping it simple, slow-rise sourdough pizzas that are topped with a volcanic grown tomato, fiori di latte cheese, cured meats, and cooked for 90 seconds.Serving bottled refreshments, with furniture which is all up for sale, we stole the idea from the Neapolitan artisans. Our aim is to cure the injured name of pizza.
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Not always quite up to scratch but love it there”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I have truly fallen in love with the Peter pizzas over the last couple of months. It's always our go to place to eat when out with friends or my boyfriend. Usually it's brilliant, service can't be faulted. However, like with most restaurants, depending on the waiting staff sometimes it just isn't up to scratch. I came in to eat with my housemates last week, and our server was a very nonchalant and quite frankly, bone idle young lady. We received our pizzas from a man (I think he's a supervisor?) before our drinks came - with clearly no intention of making our drinks, the girl was mooching about right next to our seats on the group table moaning to other members of staff that she was hot and bored, and generally pratting about with a bar towel/cloth. Absolutely not the high standard of service I expect from ALL restaurants. The incredibly friendly man who brought our pizzas out was noticeably annoyed that our drinks order had been completely ignored, apologised and brought them over immediately. Long story short, a fairly poor experience, save for the amazing number 3 pizza and apologies of the (supervisor?).

Since that unfortunate visit, I've been in with my boyfriend and it's been perfect - a really polite, tall young man who nearly always serves us and again, wonderful pizza that is good value. It takes a lot to put me off a restaurant I love, and will of course be returning in the future!

Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Second time a shambles”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The service received at Peters is very poor. I booked a table for three. We all arrived on time and placed our order. It took around 45 minutes for the food to arrive. After we had been eating for twenty minutes, the waitress approached us and said she was very sorry but the chef had double booked the table and therefore we needed to hurry up and leave. About five minutes later the bill was brought over and it was time for us to go. After raving to my friends about how lovely the restaurant was I was mortified. To send waiting staff to do the chefs apologising is disgraceful. It's such a shame as the food is so good. What a complete shambles.

9 Thank Cara T
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Love This Place”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Why ... because its different ... layout, decor, atmosphere, service and not forgetting the pizzas. All combine to give a fabulous experience.

SO different from the more commercial chain restaurants with great food feeling so much more authentic. Nice to see them serving locally brewed beer too.

Give it a try peeps ... and like Arnie ... I'll be back !!

1 Thank MalcH
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and very good value for money”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We visited this restaurant today after our son's graduation from Loughborough University. The food was excellent and fantastic value for money and far superior than chain restaurants. The restaurant was very unusual in its decor and it had been recommended by some students so we were not sure what to expect. We come from Cambridge where we are constantly disappointed in restaurants that charge a lot of money for poor quality food and so this was a lovely surprise.

1 Thank Nicola M
“Lovely pizza and great atmosphere”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Went for a birthday meal, staff were polite and friendly. Pizzas are lovely and the desserts were amazing! Surprised when we got the bill too - really good value. They don't have a kids menu but do a smaller version of anything on the main menu. We really enjoyed ourselves and will return.

• Visited June 2014